Sporadic "Toolkit request failed.." errors after OS upgrade

shelfos

Sporadic "Toolkit request failed.." errors after OS upgrade

Post by shelfos » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Over this past weekend we upgraded our OS to i7.2. Since then we get sporadic errors when calling rpg programs. They don't consistently occur, but they do seem more frequent with more users connected (but maybe not). The error is: "Toolkit request failed. Possible reason: a CCSID not matching that of system, or updated PTFs may be required. Database code (if any): HY021. Message: Error occurred in SQL Call Level Interface"

Has anyone seen or experienced this error under this scenario?

espe3426

Re: Sporadic "Toolkit request failed.." errors after OS upgr

Post by espe3426 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I've experienced the same behavour on V7R2 (and maybe on V7R1, but I've been running V7R2 for almost a year).
I haven't been able to debug the problem, and upgrading ZendServer (currently on 8.5.1) or installing latest XML Toolkit have not solved the problem.

I rewrote some code last month, making sure to create one Toolkit Service object early in every php-script (together with connecting to db2) and using this object when accessing the toolkit.
Before making this change a PHP-script could create several toolkit instances.

I don't know if this would solve your problem, but I've not seen any Toolkit request failed since then.

eaburk

Re: Sporadic "Toolkit request failed.." errors after OS upgr

Post by eaburk » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm seeing the same thing after an upgrade we just did over the weekend. I've seen this before but not often. After the upgrade to v7r2 I'm seeing it more often. I only create one instance of the toolkit object per php script with either a default user id we created for this purpose, or if the user is signed in I use their credentials and am still seeing the problem happening. Is there any resolution to this issue?