Issue with MSGW status

mlavinder

Issue with MSGW status

Post by mlavinder » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 pm

We recently had a situation where PHP had called a program that was hanging on a message. It seemed as if the MSGW status caused unrelated Toolkit requests to wait as well. I didn't think this would happen because the first call that was waiting on a message had a different internal key than the second call. At the time, it seemed as if the second call would not run until the message from the first call was answered. Again, different internal keys were used and the scripts were running in different jobs.

Zend support said this was due to the setting of stateless=true in the config file, but I have been looking at the Toolkit code and that doesn't add up. I am not convinced that the stateless=true in the INI file is making my connections stateless. It appears if the connection is truly stateless that there is code to clear the internal key, but at the top of my XMLSERVICE jobs I see something like this:

Code: Select all

CALL PGM(ZENDSVR6/XMLSERVICE) PARM('/tmp/production')
Can I do what I am trying to accomplish here? We have a pretty unreliable web service we are dealing with, so if my PHP script cannot connect after so many attempts, it calls a CL to ask the user if they want to it keep trying or give up. I don't think the stateless=true in the INI matters here. I am not using the compatibility wrapper for either one of these calls, and the comment over that setting in the INI clearly states it is "CW only".