Ensuring a healthy toolkit

aseiden

Ensuring a healthy toolkit

Post by aseiden » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 pm

If you have any problems with the toolkit, try these steps.

1. Update to latest versions of XMLSERVICE (RPG code) and the Toolkit API/CW (PHP code). These two packages work together, so it's a good idea to update both at the same time.

Check here for latest versions (some may be marked experimental--use those only if you have problems):
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com/wiki/XMLSERVICE

Note the installation instructions from that page: if you want to update your production installation (library ZENDSVR), use CRTXML2. To update the test installation only (library XMLSERVICE), use CRTXML.

2. Update your /www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf file with the appropriate CCSID, then restart Apache. Sample lines to add:

Code: Select all

# Set CCSID for proper EBCDIC-ASCII conversion by DB2. 
# Your CCSID may vary. CCSID 37 works for North America and several other places, but other CCSIDs are required for other languages.
# Refer to the "Job CCSID" column here:
# http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/globalization/default_list.html
DefaultFsCCSID 37
CGIJobCCSID 37
3. If problems persist after doing steps 1. and 2., create a debug log. In toolkit.ini set debug=true, then run your application again. This will produce a log: /usr/local/zendsvr/share/toolkitapi/debug.log. Reading this log, along with toolkit.log, may help you understand what the problem is. If not, post relevant parts of the logs (debug.log and toolkit.log) here on the forum, or send to support personnel. (Remove any passwords or confidential information,of course).

--Alan

aseiden

Re: Ensuring a healthy toolkit

Post by aseiden » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Also, if you upgrade XMLSERVICE, you need to end *IMMED any XTOOLKIT jobs (which you will have if you are not running in stateless mode). Then the new version can take effect.

sabelsteel

Post by sabelsteel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Alan. I've followed your instructions here and on the youngiprofessionals xmlservice wiki, and I I'm trying to run the following script (from one of your other posts):

require_once('ToolkitService.php');

// connect to db using chosen i5 naming mode	
	$namingMode = DB2_I5_NAMING_ON; // ON or OFF
	$db = db2_connect('10.0.6.25',$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'],$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'],array('i5_naming' => $namingMode));

// Connect to Zend API, passing db resource and i5 naming mode instead of dbname/user/password.
	$conn = ToolkitService::getInstance($db, $namingMode);
I'm getting this message in the debug.log:

Going to create a new db connection.Failed to connect. sqlState: HY009. error: Error occurred in SQL Call Level Interface SQLCODE=-999999

I also cannot run any of the toolkit sample scripts. When I try Call_RPG_example.php, I get the following error in the Zend Server log:

[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once(authorization.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 10
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'authorization.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/ZendFramework/library:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/pear:/usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi') in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 10
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once(../API/ToolkitService.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 11
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '../API/ToolkitService.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/ZendFramework/library:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/pear:/usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi') in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 11
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once(helpshow.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 12
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'helpshow.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/ZendFramework/library:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/pear:/usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi') in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 12
[02-Apr-2012 20:24:16] PHP Fatal error: Class 'ToolkitService' not found in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/Samples/Call_Program/Call_RPG_example.php on line 23

IBM i - v6r1
ZendServer - 5.6.0
PHP - 5.3.8-ZS5.5.0
XMLSERVICE RPG source library - 1.6.7
Compatibility Wrapper (CW) and new Toolkit API - 1.2.4

Any idea what the problem could be or what I could check next?

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 am

I see the problem with your db2_connect() example. db2_connect()'s first parameter should be a database name, not an IP or host name. For the first parameter, try *LOCAL or a database name that you can look up with WRKRDBDIRE.

Thus it might look like this, after I changed the IP address to *LOCAL:

require_once('ToolkitService.php');

// connect to db using chosen i5 naming mode   
   $namingMode = DB2_I5_NAMING_ON; // ON or OFF
   $db = db2_connect('*LOCAL',$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'],$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'],array('i5_naming' => $namingMode));

// Connect to Zend API, passing db resource and i5 naming mode instead of dbname/user/password.
   $conn = ToolkitService::getInstance($db, $namingMode);
Alan

P.S. Where you might have gotten confused was that the old i5_ toolkit APIs use an IP/host name, but database connections and the new toolkit take a database name.

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 am

Regarding the "require/include" errors, they look like a path problem with the demo scripts you're running.

Are you running this demo?
http://my-i-system:10088/Samples/Toolki ... m_RPG.html
which submits data to this PHP script:
http://my-i-system:10088/Samples/Toolki ... xample.php

Please check the URL and let me know if it's the one you are running (with the /Samples/Toolkit path)

Alan

sabelsteel

Post by sabelsteel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey Alan. Thanks for the tips. *LOCAL works for the db connection, and I was using the wrong toolkit samples. However, I still can't get the ones in /Samples/Toolkit/ to work. For instance, I'm trying to run the program call with two parameters (CALL_RPG_EXAMPLE.php from Call_program_RPG.html), and I get the "Execution Failed" response.

Here is what shows up in the Zend Server log:

[04-Apr-2012 14:51:45] PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We had to select 'UTC' because your platform doesn't provide functionality for the guessing algorithm in /usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi/ToolkitService.php on line 565
[04-Apr-2012 14:51:45] PHP Warning:  date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We had to select 'UTC' because your platform doesn't provide functionality for the guessing algorithm in /usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi/ToolkitService.php on line 575
And here is what shows up in ToolkitAPI/debug.log:

************Beginning of data**************                                                                                        
Creating new conn with database: '*LOCAL', user or i5 naming flag: '', ext prefix: 'ibm_db2', persistence: ''                       
Going to create a new db connection.                                                                                                
Exec start: 2012-04-04 14:54:23                                                                                                     
IPC: '/tmp/'. Control key: *cdata *sbmjob(ZENDSVR/ZSVR_JOBD/XTOOLKIT)                                                               
Stmt: call ZENDSVR.iPLUG512K(?,?,?,?)                                                                                               
Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?><script>                                                                     

<pgm name='COMMONPGM' lib='ZENDSVR'>                                                                                               
 <parm comment='CODE' io='both'> <data type='10A' var='CODE' >1</data>  </parm><parm comment='DESC' io='both'> <data type='10A' var='DESC' > </data> </parm>

</pgm>                                                                                                                             
 </script>                                                                                                                          
Output XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>                                                                            
<report>                                                                                                                            
<version>XML Toolkit 1.6.7</version>                                                                                                
<error>                                                                                                                             
<errnoile>3021</errnoile>                                                                                                           
<errnoxml>1301009</errnoxml>             
<xmlerrmsg>IPC getshm fail</xmlerrmsg>      
<xmlhint><![CDATA[/tmp/ ]]></xmlhint>       
</error>                                    
<error>                                     
<errnoxml>1301023</errnoxml>                
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmget fail</xmlerrmsg>      
</error>                                    
<error>                                     
<errnoxml>1301024</errnoxml>                
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmget loop fail</xmlerrmsg> 
</error>                                    
<error>                                     
<errnoxml>1301025</errnoxml>
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmat fail</xmlerrmsg>     
</error>                                  
<error>                                   
<errnoxml>1301026</errnoxml>              
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmat loop fail</xmlerrmsg>
</error>                                  
<error>                                   
<errnoxml>1400001</errnoxml>              
<xmlerrmsg>client call failed</xmlerrmsg> 
<xmlhint><![CDATA[failure]]></xmlhint>    
</error>                                  
<jobinfo>                                 
<jobname>QSQSRVR</jobname>
<jobuser>QUSER</jobuser>
<jobnbr>755234</jobnbr>                                                                                                             
<jobsts>*ACTIVE</jobsts>                                                                                                            
<curuser>QTMHHTTP</curuser>                                                                                                         
<ccsid>37</ccsid>                                                                                                                   
<dftccsid>37</dftccsid>                                                                                                             
<langid>ENU</langid>                                                                                                                
<cntryid>US</cntryid>                                                                                                               
<sbsname>QSYSWRK</sbsname>                                                                                                          
<sbslib>QSYS</sbslib>                                                                                                               
<curlib></curlib>                                                                                                                   
<syslibl>QSYS QSYS2 QHLPSYS QUSRSYS</syslibl>                                                                                       
<usrlibl>QTEMP QGPL QS36F SABEL ARFILES PRFILES ARLIB PARASMLIB GLSABEL SAP SSC SPU SMM SSA SPS APSABEL SCRAPS SPOOLMAIL GATE WWW MMML</usrlibl>
</jobinfo>                                                                                                                          
<joblog job='QSQSRVR' user='QUSER' nbr='755234'><![CDATA[ 5761SS1 V6R1M0 080215                        Display Job Log                        SABEL    04/04/12 09:54:44          Page    1              
  Job name . . . . . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR         User  . . . . . . :   QUSER        Number . . . . . . . . . . . :   755234       
  Job description  . . . . . . :   QDFTSVR         Library . . . . . :   QGPL                                                       
MSGID      TYPE                    SEV  DATE      TIME             FROM PGM     LIBRARY     INST     TO PGM      LIBRARY     INST   
CPF1124    Information             00   04/03/12  09:11:31.470035  QWTPIIPP     QSYS        04C0     *EXT                    *N     
                                     Message . . . . :   Job 755234/QUSER/QSQSRVR started on 04/03/12 at 09:11:31                 
                                       in subsystem QSYSWRK in QSYS. Job entered system on 04/03/12 at 09:11:31.                  
*NONE      Completion                   04/04/12  09:54:23.052796  QSQSRVR      QSYS        *STMT    QSQSRVR     QSYS        *STMT
                                     From user . . . . . . . . . :   QTMHHTTP                                                     
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR                                                      
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR                                                      
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :   7962                                                         
                                     To module . . . . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR                                                      
                                     To procedure  . . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR                                                      
                                     Message . . . . :   User Profile = QTMHHTTP                                                  
CPF9898    Completion              40   04/04/12  09:54:23.053476  QSQSRVR      QSYS        *STMT    QSQSRVR     QSYS        *STMT
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :   8054                                                         
                                     Message . . . . :   SERVER MODE CONNECTING JOB IS 755163/QTMHHTTP/ZENDSVR.                   
                                     Cause . . . . . :   This message is used by application programs as a general                
                                       escape message.                                                                            
CPC1221    Completion              00   04/04/12  09:54:23.399561  QWTCCSBJ     QSYS        01B3     XMLSTOREDP  ZENDSVR     *STMT
                                     To module . . . . . . . . . :   PLUGIPC                                                      
                                     To procedure  . . . . . . . :   SBMJOB                                                       
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :   3738                                                         
                                     Message . . . . :   Job 755424/QTMHHTTP/XTOOLKIT submitted to job queue                      
                                       ZSVR_JOBQ in library ZENDSVR.]]>                                                           
</joblog>                                                                                                                         
</report>                                                                                                                         

Exec end: 2012-04-04 14:54:44. Seconds to execute: 21.531982898712.                                                               

Exec start: 2012-04-04 14:54:44
IPC: '/tmp/'. Control key: *immed                                    
Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>              
Output XML:                                                          
Exec end: 2012-04-04 14:54:44. Seconds to execute: 0.028501987457275.

Db disconnect requested and done.                                    
 ************End of Data********************                         

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:27 pm

These toolkit demos require that you specify a user profile. Because $user was blank, and the user is important because InternalKey (IPC) is created from /tmp/$user, the Internal key ended up as only /tmp/. Specify a user and see if this improves.

Alan

sabelsteel

Post by sabelsteel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks again for helping me out, Alan. I'm really eager to get this new toolkit working. Unfortunately, specifying a $user didn't help. I still got the same errors whether I specified an all uppercase user or all lowercase.

In authorization.php I changed these lines:

$user = '';
$pass = '';
to:

$user = 'adam';
$pass = strtoupper($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']);
...and I still get the same debug.log as before:

************Beginning of data**************                                                                                        
Creating new conn with database: '*LOCAL', user or i5 naming flag: 'adam', ext prefix: 'ibm_db2', persistence: ''                   
Going to create a new db connection.                                                                                                
Exec start: 2012-04-04 16:28:57                                                                                                     
IPC: '/tmp/adam'. Control key: *cdata *sbmjob(ZENDSVR/ZSVR_JOBD/XTOOLKIT)                                                           
Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?><script>                                                                     

<pgm name='COMMONPGM' lib='ZENDSVR'>                                                                                               
 <parm comment='CODE' io='both'> <data type='10A' var='CODE' >1</data>  </parm><parm comment='DESC' io='both'> <data type='10A' var=='DESC' > </data>  </parm>

</pgm>                                                                                                                             
 </script>                                                                                                                          
Output XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>                                                                            
<report>                                                                                                                            
<version>XML Toolkit 1.6.7</version>                                                                                                
<error>                                                                                                                             
<errnoxml>1301009</errnoxml>                                                                                                        
<xmlerrmsg>IPC getshm fail</xmlerrmsg>     
<xmlhint><![CDATA[/tmp/adam ]]></xmlhint>  
</error>                                   
<error>                                    
<errnoxml>1301023</errnoxml>               
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmget fail</xmlerrmsg>     
</error>                                   
<error>                                    
<errnoxml>1301024</errnoxml>               
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmget loop fail</xmlerrmsg>
</error>                                   
<error>                                    
<errnoxml>1301025</errnoxml>               
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmat fail</xmlerrmsg>     
</error>                                  
<error>                                   
<errnoxml>1301026</errnoxml>              
<xmlerrmsg>IPC shmat loop fail</xmlerrmsg>
</error>                                  
<error>                                   
<errnoxml>1400001</errnoxml>              
<xmlerrmsg>client call failed</xmlerrmsg> 
<xmlhint><![CDATA[failure]]></xmlhint>    
</error>                                  
<jobinfo>                                 
<jobname>QSQSRVR</jobname>                
<jobuser>QUSER</jobuser>                  
<jobnbr>755429</jobnbr>                                                                                                             
<jobsts>*ACTIVE</jobsts>                                                                                                            
<curuser>ADAM</curuser>                                                                                                             
<ccsid>37</ccsid>                                                                                                                   
<dftccsid>37</dftccsid>                                                                                                             
<langid>ENU</langid>                                                                                                                
<cntryid>US</cntryid>                                                                                                               
<sbsname>QSYSWRK</sbsname>                                                                                                          
<sbslib>QSYS</sbslib>                                                                                                               
<curlib></curlib>                                                                                                                   
<syslibl>QSYS QSYS2 QHLPSYS QUSRSYS</syslibl>                                                                                       
<usrlibl>QTEMP QGPL QS36F SABEL ARFILES PRFILES ARLIB PARASMLIB GLSABEL SAP SSC SPU SMM SSA SPS APSABEL SCRAPS SPOOLMAIL GATE WWW MMML</usrlibl>
</jobinfo>                                                                                                                          
<joblog job='QSQSRVR' user='QUSER' nbr='755429'><![CDATA[ 5761SS1 V6R1M0 080215                        Display Job Log                         SABEL    04/04/12 11:29:18          Page    1
  Job name . . . . . . . . . . :   QSQSRVR         User  . . . . . . :   QUSER        Number . . . . . . . . . . . :   755429       
  Job description  . . . . . . :   QDFTSVR         Library . . . . . :   QGPL                                                       
MSGID      TYPE                    SEV  DATE      TIME             FROM PGM     LIBRARY     INST     TO PGM      LIBRARY     INST   
CPF1124    Information             00   04/04/12  11:02:11.463800  QWTPIIPP     QSYS        04C0     *EXT                    *N     
                                     Message . . . . :   Job 755429/QUSER/QSQSRVR started on 04/04/12 at 11:02:11                 
                                       in subsystem QSYSWRK in QSYS. Job entered system on 04/04/12 at 11:02:11.                  
*NONE      Completion                   04/04/12  11:28:57.520673  QSQSRVR      QSYS        *STMT    QSQSRVR     QSYS        *STMT
                                     From user . . . . . . . . . :   ADAM                                                         
                                     Message . . . . :   User Profile = ADAM                                                      
CPF9898    Completion              40   04/04/12  11:28:57.521786  QSQSRVR      QSYS        *STMT    QSQSRVR     QSYS        *STMT
                                     Message . . . . :   SERVER MODE CONNECTING JOB IS 755165/QTMHHTTP/ZENDSVR.                   
                                     Cause . . . . . :   This message is used by application programs as a general                
                                       escape message.                                                                            
CPC1221    Completion              00   04/04/12  11:28:57.743885  QWTCCSBJ     QSYS        01B3     XMLSTOREDP  ZENDSVR     *STMT
                                     To module . . . . . . . . . :   PLUGIPC                                                      
                                     To procedure  . . . . . . . :   SBMJOB                                                       
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :   3738                                                         
                                     Message . . . . :   Job 755448/ADAM/XTOOLKIT submitted to job queue ZSVR_JOBQ                
                                       in library ZENDSVR.]]>                                                                     
</joblog>                                                                                                                         
</report>                                                                                                                         

Exec end: 2012-04-04 16:29:19. Seconds to execute: 21.40261387825.                                                                

Exec start: 2012-04-04 16:29:19                                                                                                   
IPC: '/tmp/adam'. Control key: *immed                                 
Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>               
Output XML:                                                           
Exec end: 2012-04-04 16:29:19. Seconds to execute: 0.031935930252075. 

Db disconnect requested and done.                                     
 ************End of Data********************                          

sabelsteel

Post by sabelsteel » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Does it matter that /tmp/ADAM/ is empty? Should I just reinstall the new toolkit and see if the problem fixes itself?

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 am

The /tmp/adam folder is supposed to be empty. That's fine.

Judging from the contents of your debug log, I think the most recent XMLSERVICE should correct your problem. There can be a condition where some IPC locks aren't cleared properly, but this situation is fixed in the latest version.

Install this:
http://174.79.32.155/wiki/uploads/XMLSE ... .8-x11.zip
(obtained from http://174.79.32.155/wiki/index.php/XML ... ICETesting)

and let us know.

Remember to end all XTOOLKIT jobs so that the new version can take effect.

--Alan Seiden