Constant errors from PHP-CGI.EXE

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Constant errors from PHP-CGI.EXE

Postby rchadwick on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm

I installed the Latest Zend CE on to a Windows 2003 VM, and transferred my websites to the new server. Everything seems to be Ok (A little bit slower than hoped, but acceptable), but I keep getting errors.

Whenever I reboot the VM, on startup I get between 4 and 10 error boxes that say "CGI / FastCGI encountered a problem and needed to close"
Under 'Error signature' I see :
szAppName : php-cgi.exe
szAppVer : 5.3.14.0
szModName : ntdll.dll
szModVer : 5.2.3790.4937
offset : 0001bb52

Each window has the same information, except some windows have a different offset:
offset : 0002a5c4
offset : 0002a5c6

When I looked in the Event Viewer, I see errors from php-cgi.exe at least 10 every hour. In addition to 'Reporting queued error' messages after the errors, there seems to be four different kinds of errors I see. One is the error I see on startup (98% of the errors). The second one looks like this:

Source: Zend Optimizer+
Event 487
Descriotion:
The description for Event ID (487) in Source (Zend Optimizer+) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this descripton; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to reattach to base address, Attempt to access invalid address.

The third one looks like:
Application Error
Category (100)
Event ID (1000
User N/A
Description:
Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.3.14.0, faulting module QtCore4.dll, version 4.4.2.0, fault address 0x0000c8d6

The fourth one looks like:
Application Error
Category (100)
Event ID (1000
User N/A
Description:
Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.3.14.0, faulting module php5.dll, version 5.3.14.0, fault address 0x0009bcd5

Any ideas? Is it normal for php-cgi.exe to crash all the time?

Thanks!
rchadwick

Re: Constant errors from PHP-CGI.EXE

Postby rchadwick on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Well, Zend looked like a really good WAMP stack on paper, but lack of support, and php-cgi constantly crashing seems to have doomed it for me. I'm currently looking at Uniform webserver and Bitnami. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any pay stacks that are good?
rchadwick

Return to Zend Server