How do I create a test.htm document in Zend Server?

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

How do I create a test.htm document in Zend Server?

Postby jamilathewriter on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 am

Hello,

I am totally new to programming and I purchased 'Learning PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, &CSS' by O'Reilly, so those are the instructions that I have been following.

My problem is that I have reached the point where I am directed to create a test.htm document as my first webpage in order to ensure that I have set up the environment correctly. I am trying to save the test.htm document with the address C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\doc\test.htm but every time I try to save I get an error message telling me that I do not have permission to save in this location and to contact the administrator.

I am using Zend Server CE on my own computer and thus I am the administrator with full privileges (or, at least I should be). Is there anyone who can tell me how to fix this problem? Am I attempting to save a file in a location that will not allow me to save a document?

Where should I be attempting to save this file?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
jamilathewriter

Re: How do I create a test.htm document in Zend Server?

Postby theocrite on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi!

There are multiple ways to achieve this.

One of these ways is to open you file editor with administration privileges (in the start menu, right clic on your program icon and "launch as administrator" or something like that, I'm not used to Windows terms in English...).

An other way, which I personally prefer, is to go in "Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\" and look at the config files. You can either change the root directory (for localhost), or enable the userdir mod (enable users to put files in "C:/Documents and Settings/Username/My Documents/My Website" and call http://localhost/~Username), or even set up the config with virtual hosts. Obviously, you will have to edit the configuration files using a text editor opened as administrator, the same way as the first method.
theocrite

Re: How do I create a test.htm document in Zend Server?

Postby lspear76 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm

I use Netbeans to develop and I have to open Netbeans in administrator mode to be able to save files as well. If you ever have to edit your php.ini or other files make sure to open your notepad in admin mode too. How is the new version of that O'Reilly book by the way? I have the earlier version from 2009. It's pretty good. Be sure to pick up books from Larry Ullman and David Powers as well.
lspear76

Return to Zend Server