Zend Guard for Android

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer

Zend Guard for Android

Postby edua8779 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to install Zend guard in Android Platform.
I use PHPRunner that has php 5.4.9 , MySQL and Lighttpd Server
If i cannot install zend in my android , do i have other way to protect my php code ?
Thanks a lot.
edua8779

Re: Zend Guard for Android

Postby zvika on Mon May 26, 2014 10:20 am

Android is not a supported platform for Zend Guard.
Android will not normally run on X86, so there is no suitable Guard Loader for your PHP.
I'm sorry but I don't have any recommendation for PHP on Android runtime and encoding instrumentation for it, but perhaps you can combine some code hashing with eval() inside a PHAR if it runs in your PHP (phar module needs to be loaded and you need to create the archive yourself).

Good luck!
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby edua8779 on Fri May 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi,
Ok
Do you have any page with an example of what you are saying?

Thanks a lot !
edua8779

Postby zvika on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 am

Sorry.... its based on some experiments I made with PHAR and encrypted bootstrapping on standalone scripts, sort of reading the code from own file and parsing it.
But back to the subject at hand - the feature you're looking for is not implemented since Guard works on production platforms which also runs Zend Server, and it is not available on Android (who knows...).
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby edua8779 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi,

Good afternoon !
Do you know if there is something to protect the code in Android? .
There are a lot of apps in android that allows to install php, mysql and apache so i need to protect my code in an android environment.

Thanks
edua8779

Postby zvika on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi
I believe all PHP stacks on Android are still experimental, even on single board machines which can do neat things like 3D printing, home automation etc.

To focus on requirements, protecting PHP code has encoding and runtime sides, so what you probably want is a runtime module to load encoded PHP from one of the mainstream platforms where you can run the encoder (same as you'll probably prefer to develop Android apps on Win/Mac/Linux and not directly on it, with very big SDKs and code bases to keep the Android as your test and runtime ENV only).

So perhaps if it would be main stream to use PHP CGI/CLI (and any related technologies) on Android and have commercial aspects, more people would be interested in non-open-source installations and thus, Zend will consider building Android runtime for encoded PHP.

For now, since there are no plans for that (Encoded PHP is mostly used on production sites, Intranet sites and CLI tools), I would suggest something else.

You can create a PHP open source frontend and hide your real logic in JAVA / CPP(NDK) library,
so PHP will only expose frontend to any popular HTML5-JS-CSS library for speeding up the development.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Return to Zend Guard / Optimizer