How to move Zend Guard to a new computer?

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer

How to move Zend Guard to a new computer?

Postby luis8622 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi all,

My situation is: I've been working on Mac for a few years, encoding our php projects with Zend Guard 7 for Mac, all of our previous customers have Linux servers, but now a new client have a Windows server with IIS and we need to deploy our software on it. Since the files encoded on Mac are not compatible with Windows, I need to move to a new windows computer.

So, I need to migrate all the Zend projects I have, but it's CRITICAL to move/export/copy somehow the license keys created on my Mac, so if make any change on a file and re-encode it, it uses the same license created on Mac and already distributed to our costumers. We need to avoid redistributing our system to all our clients again!

The question is, how to move the project and license keys from Mac to Windows, maintaining the same license files?

Thanks for your help.
luis8622

Re: How to move Zend Guard to a new computer?

Postby zvika on Sun May 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello
For the installation part - just install Guard 7 on Windows and register the license. Once it works, remove the Guard from the Mac, se tu.
For the license/encoding compatibility part - the license you have for Guard and the private key you used when encoding the PHP files and generating a license for your clients are the only combination you need, besides the project itself. Make sure you use a license that is yours (holding the same registered to: in zend_guard.zl for the Guard itself), and put the private key in a safe place. This key is critical for both protecting your assets (i.e. - so no one else could issue a license for your application) and compatibility between the PHP you encode (and new files for same project) and licenses you have given to customer (and new licenses for same project).

Hope this helps.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Return to Zend Guard / Optimizer