Windows NTS Optimizer

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer
teploukhovaa

Re: Windows NTS Optimizer

Post by teploukhovaa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:59 pm

kentatzend wrote:You can always use Zend Server Community Edition (CE). It's free and has pretty much what you need.
Thank you for fast answer.
I tryed install Zend Server Community Edition (CE), bt after fresh Instal I receive error:
UserServer Error: Call to non-existing function: zend_is_configuration_changed() in ZwasComponents_Util_Api_UserServer::isConfigurationChanged()
After that I uninstall Zend Server Community Edition (CE) and install again. But I receive error again.

teploukhovaa

Post by teploukhovaa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:04 pm

teploukhovaa

Post by teploukhovaa » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 pm

teploukhovaa wrote:
kentatzend wrote:Here is a zip file we created with a NTS version of optimizer. Just unzip and read the readme file. If people want to try this out and let us know how it works before we formally release it.
Thank you for ZendOptimizer.dll
I have Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7.0 Fast-CGI and Zend Optimizer 3.3.3
I configured by readme.
I try to work this ZendOptimizer.dll with php-5.2.8-nts-Win32, php-5.2.9-2-nts-Win32 and php-5.2.10-nts-Win32.
After restart IIS-server when I tryed to see phpinfo and I can see:
"HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\php\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly"
and in Application Event Log:
"Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.2.8.8, time stamp 0x493d79ac, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03824, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00038e7c, process id 0xb9c, application start time 0x01ca314ebc365918."
Please help.
Can you create new ZendOptimizer.dll?
Where I download NTS version of optimizer? (Is this ZendOptimizer-3.3.3-Windows-i386.exe?)

teploukhovaa

Post by teploukhovaa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 am

teploukhovaa wrote:
teploukhovaa wrote:
kentatzend wrote:Here is a zip file we created with a NTS version of optimizer. Just unzip and read the readme file. If people want to try this out and let us know how it works before we formally release it.
Thank you for ZendOptimizer.dll
I have Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7.0 Fast-CGI and Zend Optimizer 3.3.3
I configured by readme.
I try to work this ZendOptimizer.dll with php-5.2.8-nts-Win32, php-5.2.9-2-nts-Win32 and php-5.2.10-nts-Win32.
After restart IIS-server when I tryed to see phpinfo and I can see:
"HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\php\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly"
and in Application Event Log:
"Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.2.8.8, time stamp 0x493d79ac, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03824, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00038e7c, process id 0xb9c, application start time 0x01ca314ebc365918."
Please help.
Can you create new ZendOptimizer.dll?
Where I download NTS version of optimizer? (Is this ZendOptimizer-3.3.3-Windows-i386.exe?)
I found ZendOptimizer-Windows-PHP521nts.zip with ZendOptimizer.dll .See attachment. This ZendOptimizer.dll really work!! (version Zend Optimizer v3.2.1)
Attachments
ZendOptimizer-Windows-PHP521nts.zip
ZendOptimizer for PHP nts version
(336.94 KiB) Downloaded 1669 times

ernestoamg

Post by ernestoamg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Ok, it worked for me, but only after copying ZendOptimizer.dll to my extensions (ext) directory. and declaring it like this in PHP.INI

zend_extension=C:\PHP\ext\ZendOptimizer.dll

You can download the file attached.

I'm using Windows 2003 server, fast-cgi, iis 6. PHP 5.2

elitewebmasters

Post by elitewebmasters » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 am

We run a hosting environment using Windows 2008 and IIS 7. We tried to install Zend Server Community Edition and it did not work on any other web site besides the default web site. Only the PHP install using the Web Platform Installer works. With that being said, using Zend Server is out of the question. So the remaining fact that there is not a non thread safe version of Optimizer blows. There are a lot of commercial scripts out there that require Optimizer to decrypt but unfortunately we are unable to host any of those apps. We also tried to install a thread safe version of PHP manually just to be able to use Zend Optimizer, but it does not work right with FastCGI and some sites broke. We are telling customers and developers to use Ioncude or Source Guardian instead since they support non thread safe PHP on windows. So the question remains, will you be offering Zend optimizer for PHP 5.2.10+ ? We are currently running the latest 5.2.12 version of PHP.

massimilianoc

Post by massimilianoc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 am

I think you can work with the Zend Loader component, which is the Zend Guard decoder element in Zend Server, when working with IIS7 application pools.

Zend Server as a whole does not support yet application pools because of the way Zend components like Optimizer+ and Datacache manage the shared memory, but the Loader component should.

What I suggest is that you install the Loader component (not to be confused with Optimizer+) of Zend Server and you manually load its dll in every pool you need it.

What you will receive is the decoding capabilities for Zend Guard encoded scripts. The component is not yet functional for PHP 5.3.
Best regards,
Massi.

kendallb

Post by kendallb » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Are there any updates to this? It is pretty ridiculous that Zend Optimizer requires a thread safe PHP to install on Windows, when Zend themselves DO NOT RECOMMEND OR SUPPORT running Zend Server on Windows in Thread Safe mode. Is it possible to get a Thread Safe version of Zend Server or Zend Server CE? NO. Zend won't support it. But you guys continue to only have available a version of Zend Optimizer that requires a Thread Safe version of PHP, when this is completely against what is supported on Windows? Not to mention, on Linux, you must use the Non-Thread Safe versions of PHP also, as Optimizer only supports non-thread safe versions of PHP!

This needs to be fixed ASAP IMHO, and there needs to be a download for Zend Optimizer for Windows PHP installs that does not require thread safety.

Also, the version that comes with Zend Server CE is at v4.1 right now, while the separately downloadable version is still at v3.3.3? Even the Linux versions are at 3.3.9 in the downloadable versions.

Yes, I know the first thing someone is going to say will be 'Just use Zend Server CE'. I do use Zend Server CE on my development systems, but I don't use it on our production systems because Zend is always behind the curve when supporting the latest builds of PHP through Zend Server CE. Right now Zend Server CE is still at v4.0.6 which only supports PHP 5.2.11, yet the most current version of PHP in the 5.2.x tree is 5.2.12. How long before these is a respin of Zend Server CE that is going to support PHP 5.2.12? Perhaps after 5.2.13 or 5.2.14 is released?

And guess what - in order to be PCI compliant on our web site, we need to use the latest versions of PHP. So using Zend Server CE in a production environment is just not an option.

I COULD buy a license to Zend Server for our production servers, but I really don't need the support. Not to mention I am not particularly enamoured with Zend over their support of their products, being a long time Zend Studio user and battling with bugs in that product constantly with very little support from Zend to fix them. But it seems to me that Zend is hell bent on making damn sure that anything Open Source that they release is always way behind the curve, forcing people to consider paying for Zend Server just to stay current.

So how about it? Zend Optimizer 4.1.7 for Windows, compiled in non-thread safe mode? PLEASE?

Or while you are at it, commit to actually updating Zend Server CE as soon as new PHP released are out so that people can actually use it for something other than just a nifty evaluation version of Zend Server....

kendallb

Post by kendallb » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm

I just read the bit above about Zend Server not supporting separate application pools on Windows. I found that out on my development machine and have my sites all using the same application pool, but I am not going to do that on a production machine.

No wonder Microsoft developed WinCache as an alternative to Zend Optimizer on Windows installations ...

elitewebmasters

Post by elitewebmasters » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:31 am

I have tried all of the above.

I downloaded all the NTS versions in this post, they don't work.

Tried to extract Zend Guard Loader and Optimizer Plus from Zend server and does not work.