ZendGuardLoader on php 5.3.8

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer

ZendGuardLoader on php 5.3.8

Postby neme on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm having problem with the load of ZendGuard in php5.3.8. It doesn't load and give the message: "Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/php-5.3.x/ZendGuardLoader.so: /usr/local/Zend/php-5.3.x/ZendGuardLoader.so: undefined symbol: compiler_globals. I added this lines in my php.ini and installed ZendGuardLoader.so exactly in this directory.

zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/php-5.3.x/ZendGuardLoader.so
zend_loader.enable=1
zend_loader.disable_licensing=0

Any idea or suggestion, please. Thanks.
neme

Re: ZendGuardLoader on php 5.3.8

Postby zvika on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi neme

Please see my post here, in case it helps.
Also, PHP should be loaded into Apache in prefork MPM, in case you use worker.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=22958&p=100653#p100653

Please report back with any results.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby a_wanderer on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:15 pm

I get similar
Failed loading /Volumes/Mac_Daddy/web_curr/public_html/cgi-bin/php_ext/ZendGuardLoader.so: dlopen(/Volumes/Mac_Daddy/web_curr/public_html/cgi-bin/php_ext/ZendGuardLoader.so, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Volumes/Mac_Daddy/web_curr/public_html/cgi-bin/php_ext/ZendGuardLoader.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
PHP 5.3.8 (cli) (built: Nov 15 2011 11:39:07)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
with XCache v1.3.2, Copyright (c) 2005-2011, by mOo
with Xdebug v2.2.0-dev, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by Derick Rethans

my php build is OSX from
http://php-osx.liip.ch/

i think it is a conflict of universal build versus i386 build, my OSX is configured for x86_64
a_wanderer

Postby zvika on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 am

You are correct, the Zend Guard Loader component is built for 32-bit PHP.
Take a look at Zend Server for Mac for executing encoded scripts on your Mac with Guard Loader, and many added benefits.
http://www.zend.com/en/products/server-ce/downloads
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby neme on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm

My php is compiled with prefork mpm and not in work mpm. I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits). How can I disable thread as you suggest?
neme

Postby zvika on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Perhaps it is already disabled since Linux PHP should not be built with any zts options.

Did you use Suhosin patch or any kind of source patching on php.net sources?
Can you post the configure command line you used?

Please send me phpinfo() output (saved phpinfo.html) privately for review,
I hope I can track the problem for you.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby neme on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:25 pm

my php configure is:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php5.3 --exec-prefix=/usr/local/php5.3 --bindir=/usr/local/php5.3/bin --sbindir=/usr/local/php5.3/sbin --sysconfdir=/usr/local/php5.3/etc --datadir=/usr/local/php5.3/share --includedir=/usr/local/php5.3/include --libdir=/usr/local/php5.3/lib --libexecdir=/usr/local/php5.3/usr/libexec --mandir=/usr/local/php5.3/share/man --infodir=/usr/local/php5.3/share/info --cache-file=../config.cache --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php5.3/etc --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5.3/etc/php.d --disable-debug --enable-pic --disable-rpath --enable-inline-optimization --with-exec-dir=/usr/local/php5.3/bin --with-png-dir=/usr --with-gd=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --without-gdbm --with-gettext --with-ncurses=shared --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-ttf=/usr --with-png --with-xml --with-expat-dir=/usr --with-xmlrpc=shared --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-pcre-regex=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-bcmath --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --with-pear=/usr/local/php5.3/share/pear --with-mysql=/usr --with-pgsql=/usr --enable-shmop --with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime --enable-pcntl --enable-cgi --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-mcrypt=/usr --with-mhash=/usr --with-zip=/usr --enable-soap --enable-mcrypt --enable-mhash --enable-zip --with-curl=/usr --enable-curl

I could't attach my phpinfo, html extension is not allowed.
neme

Postby zvika on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks for the configure options.
I don't see any specific Thread Safety configure flag.

Perhaps apxs2 used is requested a threaded compilation of PHP?
See if you have Ubuntu package apache2-thread-dev,
if so install apache2-prefork-dev package for compiling PHP against prefork MPM.

If this is not the problem,
send me a short PM with php -i > phpinfo.out and phpinfo() HTML output (zip if cannot attach HTML to your PM).
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby neme on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes, apxs2 requires the apache2-threaded-dev package and I installed apache2-mpm-prefork too before php compilation. Well, I did what you suggest, and it was a little complicated, because apache2-prefork-dev conflicted with apache2-mpm-prefork ( or apache2-threaded-dev, I dont remember, sorry). When I tried to uninstall apache2-threaded-dev, apache2 depended of it. So I had to uninstall it too, and consequently apache2-mpm-prefork. Then I installed apache2-prefork-dev and apache2 (it install apache2-mpm-worker automatically). And then I installed apache2-mpm-prefork instead mpm worker. What a mess, isnt it? Well, I dont know if I did the things right, but it works. Now the ZendGuard is loaded, I have just to ask to test our system to make sure that is will work normally. I really thank your help, and sorry my english. Bye.
neme

Postby zvika on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:28 am

Glad to hear all worked out now.
Have a great year 2012!
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Return to Zend Guard / Optimizer