KB: "Invalid License" error when registering Zend Guard

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer

KB: "Invalid License" error when registering Zend Guard

Postby zvika on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

Hi all

In case you got this error when registering Zend Guard, you can find troubleshooting tips in the following KB article:
What to Check for an Invalid License When Registering Zend Guard

For Windows users,
The most frequent resolution is to run Zend Guard with administration privileges and register from local license file.
Also, the license must be a simple text file (copy from your account into notepad, then save as "zend_guard.zl").

In some rare cases, users reported that they needed to uninstall Zend Guard, restart Windows and install a fresh copy of Zend Guard to make the license registration work. This is probably due to user permission changes or system updates.

If you have went through the KB article and still didn't manage to register Zend Guard (with a valid license),
please create a support case and specify exactly what you already tried and results / errors.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Re: KB: "Invalid License" error when registering Zend Guard

Postby joha7661 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 pm

i have to keep zendguard 5.5 for php 5.2
i'have just renew my licence and it's works fine with zendguard 6 (we have moved some of ours projects to php 5.4)
the new licence dont work with 5.5 and we have this warning on encode:
** WARNING **
Working in trial mode - The license has expired (license file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Zend Guard - 5.5.0\plugins\com.zend.guard.core.resources.win32.x86_5.5.0\resources/zend_guard.zl).
that will expire after 14 days !

we have to keep zendguard 5.5 on the next year until we move all of our project to php 5.4
joha7661

Postby zvika on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi joha7661

AFAIK Guard 6 license works on version 5.
Please run Guard as Administrator (right click option) and try to register with a simple text file holding your license.
After registration, close and open Guard as a regular user and check if it shows the trial message.

If you still have a problem, please open a support case since licensed accounts are entitled to technical support.
Send me a PM with the case number if you already opened one.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby grac1047 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 am

Such a nice forum discussion. I am one of the writers and editors, associated with MyAssignmenthelp since a decade and completed thousand of Dissertation assignment. My site provide you a high-quality law assignment Help in Malaysia by PhD experts in your given deadline at affordable price. We are available 24x7. Chat Now! Welcome)
grac1047

Postby bret2974 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 am

Nice post
bret2974

Return to Zend Guard / Optimizer