Mac OS 10.5 Leopard Zend Optimizer 64 bit release

General discussion on Zend Guard / Optimizer
jeffchambers3

Mac OS 10.5 Leopard Zend Optimizer 64 bit release

Post by jeffchambers3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 am

Hi,

I am running a some basic hosting on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard Servers and now I am come to find out that after upgrading to newer hardware and Mac OS 10.5 that everything is working great except now all my XServes that need to run Zend Optimizer under Mac OS 10.5 Server are not going to work under the 64it version.

Are their plans to release a 64 bit version of Zend Optimizer? Even if we had to pay for it it would be worth.

kentatzend

Re: Mac OS 10.5 Leopard Zend Optimizer 64 bit release

Post by kentatzend » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm

We currently have no plans to support Zend Optimizer under 64 bit Mac but I may have an alternative that might work.

In Zend Server CE the Optimizer has been split into two parts, one for optimization and one for loading Zend Guard files. The optimization parts were combined with Zend Platform's byte code caching technology to create Optimzer+. This cache can make most PHP code run 2+ times faster that it does normally. The ability to run files encoded by Zend Guard has been moved to a Guard Loader component that if focused just no running Gurad files.

The best new is that Zend Server CE is totally free and represent one of the best possible AMP stacks for the Mac. So you migth want to take a few minutes to check it out.

Kent Mitchell
Director, Product Management