ZS 7.0.1 and PHPUnit

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Re: ZS 7.0.1 and PHPUnit

Postby majelbstoat on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 am

I've had major problems with running PHPUnit tests inside ZF, despite the fact that they work on the command-line. I couldn't even get the sample Guestbook application to test properly...

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3311

Adding the PHPUnit path doesn't solve the issue.
majelbstoat

Postby mbuehler99 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Same issue in ZS 7.1 for Mac. However, it works fine for me on a Windows XP virtual machine installation.
mbuehler99

Postby mvanduijn on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi,

having no class etc show up when trying to run a PHPUnit Test can be solved by changing the 'order' in the include-path. To solve the problem goto your projects properties -> PHP Inlcude path, tab 'order' and put the inlcude path for Unit test before the project path.
Now classes how up fine.

Chrs
mvanduijn

Postby xiayibin on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Debug or run in zend stutio, there are three choice. See menu Run->Run As/Debug As. In the first time debug or run in zend stutio, it pops up a dialog and you can choose one. But I don't know from when, the default choice changes to "PHPUnit Test", then the "Unable to run PHPUnit session" error occurs. Select other choice can avoid the error.
xiayibin

Postby ksmcgloin on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:49 pm

I had the exact same problem.
I resolved it by right clicking on my project, include path, configure include path, then choose Add Library, select PHPUnit 3.x, Next and Finish.
ksmcgloin

Postby originalone on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:21 am

The problem only appears when you use PHP 5.3 settings in ZS 7.2.0. When you use PHP 5.1/5.2 settings, everything works fine.
originalone

Postby adercley on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Hello everybody,

I was facing the same problem here in my Zend Studio. Although I was trying to run a Flex application, I was getting the same error message than you guys.

The solution I found was: go to menu RUN -> RUN AS -> an choose the correct option other than PHPUnit Test.

Good luck.

Hugs.

Ader
adercley

Postby cschiavo_zend on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 pm

I had this problem in a Zend Framework project and it drove me nuts for a long time. Finally I noticed that it was possible to run the test case/class if I moved the file into a different folder, in this case "application". A fresh new project didn't exhibit the same problem: the testing class could be placed anywhere. Then, a fresh new Zend Framework project behaved similarly.

Finally, I examined the differences between my original project and the test ones: the .buildpath settings were different. As it turns out the PHPUnit test cases won't run unless the file is under one of the build paths. I replaced:
<buildpathentry kind="src" path="application" />
with
<buildpathentry kind="src" path="" />

and the problem was solved. Now, why that results in the useless error message "Unable to run PHPUnit session. Only PHPUnit classes can be run as PHPUnit tests." is another mystery, but fortunately it's one I don't have to solve.
cschiavo_zend

Postby mmmshuddup on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 am

Just to confirm, this issue still exists. I am currently running Zend Studio 9.0.4 in a project with PHP 5.3 settings. Same problem, "no tests found in Module/tests/DualNavigation.php".
mmmshuddup

Postby prys on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:56 am

my problem is. if i run my testsuite everything works correctly.
if i run a single test on a single testfile in the same testsuite, then sometimes only one test is executed. if i delete this test, then i get the message "no tests found", although there are multiple other tests in that testclass.
if i run my testsuite again, everything works fine.

i am using ZS 9.0.3
prys

Previous

Return to Zend Studio