Database connection to godaddy

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Database connection to godaddy

Postby cmccully on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 am

Hi

I am trying to connect to a Godaddy database using Studio 9 Data Source Explorer. When I test the conenction I get a Ping failed error with this very helpful message:

java.lang.Exception: Connection failed with unspecified error.
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:110)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:73)
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.internal.mysql.connection.JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.java:28)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:359)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

In 2011 Godaddy dropped java support. Is there an alternative way to connect to a db with the Data Source Explorer? Perhaps a different driver? Or do they have to be java based?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Curtis
cmccully

Return to Zend Studio