Cannot connect using RSE but putty works

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Cannot connect using RSE but putty works

Postby getbogged on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 am

I am trying to connect to my LAN machine(cent os 64) using ssh. I can connect with putty just fine. When creating a connection with zend studio i receive this error

"RSEG1066 Failed to connect sshd on '192.168.1.130:22' Auth Fail "

I have also added my ssh key into zend studio and i still receive this error.
getbogged

Re: Cannot connect using RSE but putty works

Postby getbogged on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:55 am

bumping. Anyone know the solution to this?
getbogged

Postby getbogged on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 am

Apparently i can edit my posts but here are some log entries. It says invalid key but the key works with putty so i dont understand why it doesnt work.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jsch.core 4 0 2012-11-30 00:09:55.637
!MESSAGE An error occurred loading the SSH2 private keys
!STACK 0
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: invalid privatekey: C:\Users\user\Desktop\fina.private.ppk
at com.jcraft.jsch.IdentityFile.<init>(IdentityFile.java:261)
at com.jcraft.jsch.IdentityFile.newInstance(IdentityFile.java:135)
at com.jcraft.jsch.IdentityFile.newInstance(IdentityFile.java:130)
at com.jcraft.jsch.JSch.addIdentity(JSch.java:206)
at com.jcraft.jsch.JSch.addIdentity(JSch.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jsch.internal.core.Utils.loadPrivateKeys(Utils.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jsch.internal.core.JSchCorePlugin.loadPrivateKeys(JSchCorePlugin.java:144)
at org.eclipse.jsch.internal.core.JSchProvider.createSession(JSchProvider.java:45)
at org.eclipse.rse.internal.connectorservice.ssh.SshConnectorService.createSession(SshConnectorService.java:109)
at org.eclipse.rse.internal.connectorservice.ssh.SshConnectorService.internalConnect(SshConnectorService.java:179)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService$1.run(AbstractConnectorService.java:500)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService$SafeRunner.run(AbstractConnectorService.java:444)
at org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems.AbstractConnectorService.connect(AbstractConnectorService.java:506)
at org.eclipse.rse.ui.operations.SystemFetchOperation.ensureConnected(SystemFetchOperation.java:309)
at org.eclipse.rse.ui.operations.SystemFetchOperation.execute(SystemFetchOperation.java:373)
at org.eclipse.rse.ui.operations.SystemFetchOperation.run(SystemFetchOperation.java:182)
at org.eclipse.rse.ui.view.AbstractSystemViewAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(AbstractSystemViewAdapter.java:2290)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:235)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
getbogged

Postby getbogged on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Solved

I sent a support ticket and felt stupid but i found out the answer. Eclipse and Zend Studio work with more common PEM (openSSH) private key format. So i converted my ppk to openssh with puttygen and it worked perfectly. Found this

Here's what you do:
Download PuttyGen
Click on Load
Browse to your .ppk file
Enter the password
Click on Conversions at the top of the screen
Export OpenSSH Key
Name the file something like private.pem (There is not a dropdown option for a pem file so just type the "private.pem" in the File Name field)
That's your Private key done now as a .pem file
Now click on "Save public key" and do the same as above but call it something like public.pub giving it a .pub extension
You should now be able to browse separately to these keys in your ftp software
getbogged

Return to Zend Studio