How do I edit version conflicts in Studio

General discussion on Zend Studio

How do I edit version conflicts in Studio

Postby wiil_rourke on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:09 am

Hi, I've got file that I'm told is in conflict with the repository. If I select 'Edit Conflicts' I get the dual pane view that shows me the differences. In this case, my working copy is the one I want to keep, but I can't see any way to copy (or force) those changes across to the repository copy. I've got an option to copy changes from right to left, but that's not what I want, it leaves me useless code in my working copy that I'm only going to have cut out. Copying changes from left to right is grayed out. I can't commit the file, because it's on conflict, I can't proceed. Any advice?
wiil_rourke

Re: How do I edit version conflicts in Studio

Postby totalsupport on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

The best way to resolve issues like this, is by using the "Team Synchronizing"-perspective. After the synchronization you can see exactly which files/changes are incomming, which are outgoing and which are conflicting. You can then resolve conflicts by right-clicking on them and selecting on of the appropriate options. In your case "Mark as merged" would do the trick.
Bram Tops
Lead Developer and CTO

If your problem has been resolved or if you've found your own solution, please let us know! Adding that final post will greatly increase the quality of the information you find here and will help many other users.
totalsupport

Postby bbrulant on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Editing conflicts doesn't work for me neither. My changes are not saved from the "Edit conflicts" view and the SVN markers remain in the files, whereas it worked great in the 8.x version of Studio. Is there a workaround please? Because I have to edit the files manually to do the merge. Thank a lot for your help.
bbrulant

Postby ckopp on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi,

same problem here (ZS 10.6 on OS X 10.9). The edit conflict option in the team synchronizing perspective doesn't have any effect on the conflicting file. If I change the local file in the left pane, the pane is marked as changed, but saving has no effect on the files in the project. If I try "Marked as merged", the SVN markers remains in the file.

Chris
ckopp

Postby ckopp on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi,

guess I have found at least a workaround for that problem (which seems to be a bug):

In the header of the "edit conflict" window is a litte drop down right to the label "Text Compare". With this drop down, you can switch between "Default Compare", "PHP Compare" (which seems to be the default for PHP files) and "Text Compare". You must switch the compare mode to "Text Compare" before making changes. In PHP (or Default) Compare mode none of the changes you will make are saved to the file, although the change marker (*) will disappear when saving.

Chris
ckopp

Return to Zend Studio