Buggy/broken popup behaviors when using ClearCase

General discussion on Zend Studio

Buggy/broken popup behaviors when using ClearCase

Postby scottd98052 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 pm

There are two very annoying behaviors with Zend Studio 9.0.1 that I encounter multiple times per day.

Steps to repro:
1) Open a read-only source file in Zend Studio
2) Go over to ClearCase and check the file out, which sets the file to writeable status
3) Click back into Zend Studio

Issue #1: A popup appears with the message 'The file <x> has been changed on the file system. Do
you want to replace the editor contents with these changes?'. I understand that the editor sees
that something has changed, but the only change is that the file went from read-only to writeable.
The tool should be intelligent enough to detect that so that I don't have to keep dismissing that
popup.

Issue #2: HIGHLY ANNOYING: If I click 'y' on the keyboard to dismiss the popup (instead of using my
mouse), then THE CONTROL KEY IS PROGRAMATICALLY STUCK IN THE ON POSITION, which causes the editor
to highlight text whenever I move my mouse until I click somewhere in the editor window. This is incredibly annoying
and should be an easy fix.

Issue #3: Once I've made a change to the file and click Save, the popup appears again! It's telling
me that the file has changed on the file system, but the only change is that I'm saving the file. The only change is my change.
It seems like some flag isn't being set to tell Zend that the popup has already been displayed. PLEASE
DON'T MAKE ME DISMISS THIS BROKEN POPUP TWICE EVERY TIME I EDIT A FILE.
scottd98052

Re: Buggy/broken popup behaviors when using ClearCase

Postby scottd98052 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am

So no response to this? Support says that the bugs are fixed in Zend 10 Beta, but I have verified that the bugs are still present in the downloadable version as of 12/20/12.
scottd98052

Return to Zend Studio