Open PHP files with PHP Editor by default

General discussion on Zend Studio

Open PHP files with PHP Editor by default

Postby dhinged on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:26 pm

In Windows (XP) I have .php files to open by default to Notepad++. This is great for the random edit where I don't have to load Zend Studio or make a project or whatever. However, when I'm in Zend Studio on Remote Systems, double-clicking a .php file opens it up in Notepad++. The only way I can open it in Zend Studio is to right-click the file, select Open With, then PHP Editor. However, this default only seems to save by each specific file I select it for rather than all .php files opened while in Zend Studio and I can find no way to set the default.

I've gone into Window > Preferences > General > Editors > File Type Associations and created a *.php file type and selected PHP Editor as the default, the same option in right-click that opens it in Zend Studio. Nothing changes. I notice it says "locked by PHP Content Type"... does that have anything to do with it? I've had this set up the way I want before but it seemed to be the default rather than me having to configure it myself (or it just happened with something I did outside of settings).

Can anyone help me out with this?
dhinged

Re: Open PHP files with PHP Editor by default

Postby rich7230 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm

I found an easier way is to just drag the file into the edit window. I have file associations in other editors as well.
rich7230

Return to Zend Studio