Fresh studio 9 install. Can not create projects.

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Fresh studio 9 install. Can not create projects.

Postby mellinko on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 am

I got a new and expensive computer and figured I would check if Zend Studio works on it. I installed Zend Studio 9 and it installed fine like usual.

However, creating a project that uses existing source code still does not work. I go through the project wizard and select the folder that has my web site and click finish.

After clicking finish, Zend Studio 9 just goes to "Not Responding". The window's exact title is "New PHP Project (Not Responding)".

There still doesn't seem to be any way to create a PHP project inside of Zend Studio that isn't a completely blank project. There also is no way to create a blank project and then add an existing folder to it.
mellinko

Re: Fresh studio 9 install. Can not create projects.

Postby malonso on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm

I'll second this. I had no luck w/9.0.3 and so I went to try out some other IDE's but decided to see if they fixed the problem in 9.0.4.

I clicked Finished and I got really excited b/c it started to download the files but it has been stuck at "Creating...95KB of 455KB complete(21%) for the last 30min. Interestingly enough it is only using 1% of the CPI and the Memory has not moved 1 KB the entire time. Needless to say, I don't have high hopes that this will work but I'll let it run anyway.
malonso

Re: Fresh studio 9 install. Can not create projects.

Postby mellinko on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Support just says 'It works fine' and closes the support ticket. I still haven't found a single person that has Zend Studio 9 working on Windows.

Even support personnel at Zend can not confirm it works on Windows. They don't know how the project explorer works since they don't actually use Zend Studio so they just say it works without ever having to use it themselves.
mellinko

Return to Zend Studio