Zend Studio & Modules Failing

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Zend Studio & Modules Failing

Postby drewfulton on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

I am running into a series of bugs when working with modules in both Zend Studio 9 and 10. I am trying to work with Modules in a ZF1 application. When I create a new module, it does not show up in the MVC outline panel. Additionally, in the wizard, if I select a different folder under which to store my modules (I like to store all my modules in applications/modules/) it totally ignores that and still just creates the module directory in the applications/ folder. If I create a controller and put it under my module, it just shows up as another controller so then I have two IndexControllers. I'm getting really frustrated and about to give up. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Drew
drewfulton

Re: Zend Studio & Modules Failing

Postby natalia_b_zend on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Modules were introduced in ZF2. Did you mean ZF2 application? How do you create new module? They can only be placed in specific locations: please take a look at the structure of ZF2 project: http://akrabat.com/zend-framework-2/modules-in-zf2/
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team
natalia_b_zend

Postby drewfulton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Modules work in ZF1, just not quite as handy as in ZF2. In fact, take a look at the documentation for previous versions of Zend Studio and it clearly shows modules in the documentation when the software only supported ZF1.

I have abandoned Zend Studio to continue with my old Dreamweaver workflow that works jut fine.
drewfulton

Postby boeve_webdesign on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

ZF1 already had an module system, only the way modules are used is changed in ZF2.

And i also have an problem when i create an new class, interface, etcetera. When u use Zend Studio, i recommend to not use these features when you not want to refractor after creating an new class, interface, and so on. But instead use the plain option, an new php file, because Zend Studio has an big problem with recognizing the namespaces. Zend Studio doesn't recognize this, and creates with the options create an new class, interface, and so on .., an entirely new folder, with the file you want to create.
boeve_webdesign

Postby natalia_b_zend on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

My bad with previous response - sure there were modules in ZF1.
We'll take care of reported bugs.

Thanks!
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team
natalia_b_zend

Return to Zend Studio