How do I get my money back?

General discussion on Zend Studio
cmiwebstudio

How do I get my money back?

Post by cmiwebstudio » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 am

Zend Studio is great in theory. I like the automated integration with important php tools and zend server, but good grief this software is terrible for the price. It's just flat out buggy. I'm getting error message of one kind or another every 15 minutes while working. Many of them are related to the plugins the welcome screen provides you, and a few times just random ones about who knows what. I work 40+ hours a week with Eclipse Classic with the PHP language support, and have NO issues. I never get any warnings, and the performance is just fine. Again, Zend Studio is great in theory, because it does what you'd want an IDE to do when working on ZF projects, but it's just too buggy for the price. Can I get my money back?

skurk

Re: How do I get my money back?

Post by skurk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm

cmiwebstudio wrote:Zend Studio is great in theory. I like the automated integration with important php tools and zend server, but good grief this software is terrible for the price. It's just flat out buggy. I'm getting error message of one kind or another every 15 minutes while working. Many of them are related to the plugins the welcome screen provides you, and a few times just random ones about who knows what. I work 40+ hours a week with Eclipse Classic with the PHP language support, and have NO issues. I never get any warnings, and the performance is just fine. Again, Zend Studio is great in theory, because it does what you'd want an IDE to do when working on ZF projects, but it's just too buggy for the price. Can I get my money back?
I totaly agree here. This version is completely broken.

boeve_webdesign

Post by boeve_webdesign » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:29 pm

I agree to, funny thing was that the beta was working better than the final release.

marc9582

Post by marc9582 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 pm

I would like my money back as well. Worst IDE I've ever used (15 years experience with programming).

diemuzi

Post by diemuzi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I have to agree, I've been using Zend Studio since 5.x+ and I loved it. As of recently though the whole ZS IDE experience has simply gone down hill and I've completely stopped using it now. I've even submitted many bugs to have resolved and participated heavily in the beta tests. Although things may have been answered here, nothing is getting done within any type of reasonable amount of time. So I've since uninstalled ZS and don't plan to ever re-install it. I picked up a copy of PHP Storm and I'm much happier with it so far.

Aww well, I tried to help but Zend doesn't want the assistance to make things better. Just a money / time sink.
MSF RiderCoach at http://bikertraining.net