Creating an Android app for cloud-connected mobile example

General discussion on Zend Studio

Creating an Android app for cloud-connected mobile example

Postby stev3369 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm

We are experimenting with the ‘Cloud-connected mobile project’ example shown as a demo on your web site. I have successfully created the application and especially like the drag and drop mobile screen design as well as the ease of testing web services. Should I be able to deploy it to Android, Windows or iOS with the trial version? I can’t seem to specify the Android device to test on.

I know the iOS device can be difficult because it can only be deployed on a Mac (at least from experimenting with other software), but I was attempting to test it on an Android device (both physical and virtual).

I have an Android device connected via USB and it is not showing in the list. Is there an SDK kit that I need to install first for Android?
Android devices (Attachment 1).jpg
Android devices (Attachment 1).jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 3461 times

If I try to just launch an Android Virtual device, I get the following where the ‘Ok’ button is disabled.
Disabled Ok button on device list (Attachment 2).jpg
Disabled Ok button on device list (Attachment 2).jpg (34.34 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
stev3369

Re: Creating an Android app for cloud-connected mobile examp

Postby tedtiger on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 am

Install the drivers which shipped for your Android device.
tedtiger

Postby stev3369 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I was missing the Android SDK. Once I installed that, my physical Android device then worked.

I was still having trouble with any virtual android devices. I was getting an 'Android/Eclipse PANIC: Could not open' error. I searched online for 'android eclipse panic could not open' and found some advice (I can't post the actual link) that allowed me to connect to the android virtual devices.

Android virtual device copy.jpg
Solution for the AVD panic error
Android virtual device copy.jpg (13.1 KiB) Viewed 3437 times

The mobile app runs on the physical device. When running the 'Get List' function, I get an error 'Ajax error, error trying static data'. I assume that this is because my server is still local on my development machine. I can move between the pages though so the app is working.

On the Android virtual devices, I can connect to the device now but am just getting the opening 'Android' logo and the application is not starting.
stev3369

Postby stev3369 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:42 am

I got the Android virtual devices working. I wasn't waiting long enough. They seem to take about 2-3 minutes to virtually power up. I didn't realize that you then need to hit the virtual 'Menu' button to fire up the application. Is there any reason why they would take that long to power up?
stev3369

Postby tedtiger on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am

No. It's the Google Android SDK. I recommend testing on an attached Android device. Install driver, plug into usb and you're ready to go. App is running on device, errors are shown on eclipse debug console.
tedtiger

Postby natalia_b_zend on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 am

stev3369,

When you host your API project on local Zend Server you need to change the 'localhost' in url to '10.0.2.2' in my.js for Android emulator. For emulator 'localhost' means the emulator itself, so it cannot find the services.
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team
natalia_b_zend

Postby jenn89 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 am

Yes, It's the Google Android SDK and i recommend you should test it on an attached Android device. Install driver, plug into usb and you're ready to go.

Efficient phoenix web developer
jenn89

Postby mare8798 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks for this great tutorial. Everything works perfectly but the action bar disappeared for some reason. Do you have any idea why? Also, it would be perfect if you make a tutorial on instant messaging app using Parse. com.
mare8798

Postby vino5575 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:04 am

Thanks for sharing the great tutorial, helped me very much.Keep posting more interesting tutorials like this here.
vino5575

http://coolmathgamesjunction.net/spider-solitaire/

Postby dytt3550 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:42 pm

I have found the best place for online playing this game spider solitaire free online .its really excellent work .
dytt3550

Next

Return to Zend Studio