Updatefunction not working

General discussion on Zend Studio
Post Reply
chenn1
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 am

Updatefunction not working

Post by chenn1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 pm

When I try to update Zend Studio 10 through the HELP>Check for Updates option on the menu, the Available Update panel/dialog displays and indicates that an update (10.0.0.v2013031910) is available, but it cannot perform the update/install and displays the following the message "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency".

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so how did you resolved it?

I am running Window 7 with the latest updates and have the latest version of JAVA - jre and jdk - 1.7.0_17
I have installed ZS10 without the jre
I also have the latest trail enterprise version of Zend Server 6 installed

sasu5526
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Updatefunction not working

Post by sasu5526 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Suffering from the same problem (ZS10 on Ubuntu 12.10).
Unfortunately the error message gives no clue whatsoever what the conflicting dependecy is...
Any ideas?

sasu5526
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Updatefunction not working

Post by sasu5526 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Spent a little time with the log files and the error seemed to relate to WSDL support (which I had as an active feature). Disabled WSDL support and restarted ZS10. Thereafter the update installed without any problems. Hope this helps!

sasu5526
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Updatefunction not working

Post by sasu5526 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 pm

NOTE: It is impossible to reactivate the WSDL support after the update! Conflicting depencies again...

chenn1
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 am

Re: Updatefunction not working

Post by chenn1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi sasu5526

Thank you for the information.

I did have the WSDL enabled, so I disabled the feature, restarted and was able to do the update.
But after the update, like you l am unable to reactivate the WSDL feature, and receive a Conflicting dependencies dialog

totalsupport
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Updatefunction not working

Post by totalsupport » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Looked into it and both conflicting dependencies originate from Zend-specific modules.

They need to update the dependencies. There's nothing we can do.

I'd suggest you open a support-ticket.

Post Reply