zenddebugger not breaking inside my controller

General discussion on Zend Studio
jami6779

zenddebugger not breaking inside my controller

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 am

I can break in the index.php and in another file. If I put a breakpoint in my controller it doesn't hit it. I put die('test'); in my controller and it died with 'test'.
Any ideas?

jami6779

Re: zenddebugger not breaking inside my controller

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 am

This has me dead in the water. I filled this support ticket.

ZendDebugger is not breaking inside my controller.
If I set break on first line, it breaks fine and I can set break points in the index file and in another file that executes right after the index file and they all break. I've seen a previous issue from my scouring the web that says that this issue existed in Zend Studio 7 and that a bug was filed and it was resolved.

jami6779

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 am

Even xdebug isn't working. This has to be zend studio.

totalsupport

Post by totalsupport » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm

You did put the die('test'); at the *exact* same location as the breakpoint? (Just checking.. ;))
Is your controller part of the same project? I.e. physicaly located next to the index.php?

Irratic and strange debugger behaviour is also often caused by incorrect pathmappings. Check Preferences -> PHP -> PHP Servers, open each applicable server (and remove old/unused ones) and check the "Path mapping" tab for incorrect values.

jami6779

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 pm

I changed it to a printf statement and broke right on it. Before I was also breaking right on it I just wanted to bugger my code to make sure it was responding to the latest version.
The problem is almost certainly path mapping. Here's some information I sent Zend support

zend kb entry: 421

I have set debug local copy.
I have vagrant running vbox ubuntu precise64.
I have a network mount from my host at c:\users\james to /vagrant on my guest
/vagrant/www/te/te is my project root and /vagrant/www/te/te/public is my vhost's document root
I have php 5.3 and apache 2.2.22
I installed Zend server and the debugger is communicating with Zend Studio. I can set break points inside index.php and several other files and they are obeyed. The problem I have is in my controller which makes me think that the framework is doing some funky routing that Zend Debugger can't keep up with.
http://te/search?debug_host=192.168.33. ... on_id=1059
I have the following path mapping set in the server's configuration. Path on server: /vagrant/www/te/te Local Path: I've tried to my project root te/ but right now I have it absolutely mapped to c:\Users\james\www\te\te.
I also set my library path for zend to the copy inside my project and set the following mapping: Path on server: /vagrant/www/te/te/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library to Local path C:\Users\james\www\te\te\vendor\zendframework\zendframework\library

jami6779

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm

This is probably an issue with how I'm mapping the library. The library on my server is /usr/local/zend/share/ZendFramework/library
This post talks about how the library mapping can be an issue:
forums topic: 8356

The Zend studio points to C:\Users\james\Zend\workspaces\DefaultWorkspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.zend.php.framework and it cannot be changed. I have tried adding an external folder and pointing it to my local project copy but it does not show up as a Zend Framework 2 item and I don't know if that's going to be a problem later but it sounds like it. It still doesn't work though. I've even explicitly mapped the local copy to /usr/local/zend/share/ZendFramework/library on the server.

jami6779

Post by jami6779 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 pm

On second thought it is getting into the zend library... and breaking on preset points ... but it's also breaking in index.php. Not just break at first line.

jami6779

Post by jami6779 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 am

The id me won't allow me to set breakpoints in the library. It's also opening library files local to project and not the Zend Studio ones. I'm convinced this is a library path mapping issue.