Last straw

General discussion on Zend Studio
ante4547

Last straw

Post by ante4547 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 am

Hi again,

I'm really tired of all the ZS bugs. Is it realy THAT hard to make a (somewhat) bug free software. I mean even ZS 5.5 was better than 10 regarding bugs.
Last bug today destroyed half of my work. If you have a linked folder in your project and you want to delete it you will get a message that says that NO files will be deleted
from a disk, only linked resource will be deleted from project. Well guess what. After deleting my linked folder in ZS10 they were ALL deleted from my disk..
Great job guys. Great job :(

Luckily our ZS studio license will expire soon and we're moving to phpStorm. Enough is enough.
Company that doesn't even care about spam on their forum can't care that much about their product or customers...

ante4547

Re: Last straw

Post by ante4547 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:51 am

No answer. As expected.

After 6y I am happy to say: "bye bye ZS and welcome phpStorm"...

colinflack

Post by colinflack » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 pm

zend - why no answer to this persons post?

I have to choose whether to pay upgrade from 9 to 10 and also consider phpstorm because I worry you also wont bother to answer my questions when I need you.

I wait your promise

zvika
Zend Global Support

Post by zvika » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 am

Apart from the disappointment and frustration which is understandable, no software is bug-free.
Zend Studio has come a long way to being the most robust and feature rich PHP IDE, with connectors to almost anything in the PHP real world (and without too many hacks to install and use it).

The issue you are portraying is severe enough to create a support case and demand a reproduction and bug fix.

If you still wish to file a technical report and get things rolling on our side for the benefit of all other users (and yourself if you decide to give Studio 10.2 a chance),
Please open a support case and you can also provide a link to this post for final update when the case is concluded.

Zend Studio started some time ago to receive periodic updates,
meaning in simple words - we care about "in-between-versions" bugs and for that matter our loyal users, getting as a result more stable IDE without waiting for major release or using workarounds for long.

Enjoy PHP development with any IDE you choose ;)
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team

colinflack

Post by colinflack » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I know this isnt my thread but I'm posting because I agree with the sentiment of the subject.
zvika wrote:no software is bug-free
I think its fair to say that anybody posting here in the PHP IDE forum probably already has a good idea about that from their own code.
zvika wrote:Zend Studio has come a long way to being the most robust and feature rich PHP IDE, with connectors to almost anything in the PHP real world (and without too many hacks to install and use it).
I know that - I've been using it since 5
zvika wrote:The issue you are portraying is severe enough to create a support case and demand a reproduction and bug fix
then why didnt someone tell the OP that 2 weeks ago?
what about all the other unanswered/partly answered threads on here. does it apply to them also? Or are they in some unknown way unworthy of any, or further comment?
zvika wrote:Please open a support case
Dont try to kid us (or maybe yourself even) that'll work - cos in my recent experience it doesnt.
here are numbers for support cases I opened starting almost 2 weeks ago:
00045564, 00045619
Very very basic stuff, a real simple question about what would happen with my licence if I upgraded from 9 to 10.
I asked it once - no answer. So I asked it again. Still no answer
I got a couple of promises someone would get back to me. But NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION
So I sent emails - but NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.
Maybe it was a stoopid question. maybe you thought it was such a stoopid question it didnt even deserve a reply.
same as the question I asked in this thread last week. perhaps you though it too was unworthy of a response. But despite the fact I'm a paying customer and I asked quite genuinely, NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION
zvika wrote:our loyal users
I've used ZS for 7 or 8 years. In my opinion that what you call loyal. But not any more.
Not because I didnt want to buy ZS any more - after 7 or 8 years I did - But because nobody at zend can be bothered to tell me how to stay.
And sadly I've come round to believing that is a fairly typical reflection of how zend treats its customers.
zvika wrote:Enjoy PHP development with any IDE you choose ;)
well I think that'll be PHPSTORM then.

[/rant]
goodbye

zvika
Zend Global Support

Post by zvika » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Fair enough - since you bothered to write to the point I would also pass this info to the relevant people as feedback.
Thank you.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team

colinflack

Post by colinflack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:45 pm

zvika wrote:I would also pass this info to the relevant people as feedback
So zvika a week has passed since then.
I assume you did what you said you would, but still nobody bothered to conact me to answer my simple question
Can you comment on why nobody at zend could be bothered to answer my question please

Someone closed the case numbers I quoted above but I have opened a new case - #00045760

Can you please get me a response to that case.

Thank you (more in hope rather then expectation but anyway)

ante5818

Post by ante5818 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanky for the press blurb zvika. DIdn't expect anything else. I still stand by my claim that even ZS 5.5 was far more superior (bug free) than 10.
I'm sorry but "Would you like to unlink the folder(no data will be erased from the disk") - then you click yes and everything is deleted form the disk" bug
is a type of bug I would get fired If I would deploy code like that to customers...

ZS got worse and worse with every version. It was just blindly packed with stufff noone even tested...
Enjoy PHP development with any IDE you choose ;)
And with that statement I understood "We have enough customers, not worth fighting for one, use whatever you want"...

I'm happy to say that the whole company switched to PhpStorm...

zvika
Zend Global Support

Post by zvika » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Colinflack - I see that Roman answered you 2 days after your last post here. If the answer is not sufficient, please contact us again.
ante5818 - [blurb]
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team

kaloyan_r
Zend Product Manager

Post by kaloyan_r » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:50 am

So far all our attempts to reproduce this issue failed. We will appreciate any additional information.

Looking at other posts from ante4547 it seems the OS is Windows. Is this correct? Is it possible to provide any detailed information about the structure of the project? Where is exactly the linked folder attached in the project tree? Where is the linked target located? Is this issue reproducible? Did anyone except ante4547 hit this issue?

Support for linked resource is a core functionality of the Eclipse Platform. You know that Zend Studio is built on top of Eclipse. Drilling down to the root cause is difficult for such issues if we don't have a way to reproduce them.

Thanks,
Kaloyan Raev
Zend Studio Team