Auto Complete, Type Hinting

General discussion on Zend Studio
mehm8471

Auto Complete, Type Hinting

Post by mehm8471 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Good application, I would really like to use Zend Studio for my Zend Framework 2 based web applications. I even started using trial version, then I also started to ask questions myself. Actually also searched for online answers but somehow I can't get any good answer.

So I will ask here to not spend a lot time learning the IDE, to not pay money for something that I'm not going to use before making sure it will fulfill my basic requirements.

Basically, I am a NetBeans user for a while and I like it because it can easily find class names, object names (without typing Ctrl + Space) which makes my life more than easier while coding.

Does Zend do this? Simply, does it gives me a list of class names used in the project stylesheet document when I start typing - class="... ?

Is there any setting that I should check and familiarize before I give up going with Zend Studio?

Thank you.

natalia_b_zend

Re: Auto Complete, Type Hinting

Post by natalia_b_zend » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 am

Yes, Zend Studio has this feature. You don't need to press Ctrl + Space. Just start typing and if you wait a moment Studio will display code assist pop up. You can adjust the delay in Preferences > PHP > Editor > Content Assist > Auto Activation.
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team

mehm8471

Post by mehm8471 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 pm

natalia_b_zend wrote:Yes, Zend Studio has this feature. You don't need to press Ctrl + Space. Just start typing and if you wait a moment Studio will display code assist pop up. You can adjust the delay in Preferences > PHP > Editor > Content Assist > Auto Activation.
Thank you. Good to know it doesn't work with Ctrl + Space all the time - in fact, for me, pointless to have such a trigger, Auto complete is a "must have" ability for me as a coder. Good to be able to adjust it.

I noticed also Javascript Editor has the same setting but CSS and HTML. I have to hit Ctrl + Space while I am editing an HTML File. Is there similar setting for HTML as well that I can't find?

And CSS - I am not even able to see Syntax Coloring for pure CSS files. How come this could be this confusing to set this up? Entire programmers community know how to set it up, that should be the reason that I can't find anything useful when I make a search for "Zend Studio CSS Syntax Coloring". Anyway, I will eventually find it out. But I still don't have an answer if I type :
class="a...
then is it going to provide me a list of class names used in my stylesheets. Even a "No" answer will help a lot.

Thanks.

natalia_b_zend

Post by natalia_b_zend » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 pm

There is an Auto Activation delay property for HTML files: Preferences > Web > HTML Files > Editor > Content Assist (see attached screen).
Zend Studio supports content assist and syntax coloring in CSS files (attached screens).
How do you create your CSS file? Have you tried File > New > CSS file? Syntax coloring should work there out of the box.
However Studio doesn't support the auto-complete for CSS classes when you use them inside HTML tags. We will consider this for future releases.
Attachments
HTML AutoActivation.png
HTML AutoActivation.png (103.06 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
CSSSyntaxColoring.png
CSSSyntaxColoring.png (82.03 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team

mehm8471

Post by mehm8471 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:15 am

Thank you, Natalia.

Yes, I figured out those settings after receiving your first message. I feel really better without Ctrl + Space.

Class names in HTML - it is necessary and good to hear you consider implementing that.

Yes, I create the CSS in the project, and still no luck with neither Auto Complete nor Syntax Coloring. I am looking at the black text while ZS has no clue about it is a style sheet. And yes, I got all settings right in Web->CSS->Editor->Syntax Coloring as well as Content Type for CSS in General, but it just doesn't work.

I would say that I am probably missing a setting but you are saying that it is initially set up to recognize style sheets. So I am confused.

Thank you again.

mehm8471

Post by mehm8471 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 am

Side question totally unrelated - Is there a chance that your web site admins could change my user name to be smozgur which is my concrete screen name online - it was set automatically from my Zend account during the transfer and I really would like to use my own nick as I known by that for a long while. I don't know where to ask this question, so I wanted to take my chance here. Thank you.

natalia_b_zend

Post by natalia_b_zend » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 am

Regarding changing your login, please contact our support team: http://www.zend.com/support-center
Natalia Bartol
Zend Studio Team

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 am

Hi,
I am using Zend Studio 11 and recently, may be only this project, I have noticed that I am not getting autocomplete/suggestions for standard PHP functions.

I use my own PHP perspective to preserve formatting style, etc but other than that while I still get prompted for local variables, methods, and those of ZF2, I do not get any for things such as get_class, in_Array etc.

What can cause this issue?

Its frustrating and bordering on annoying now.

Thank you in advance.

Barry

mich6938
Zend Product Manager

Post by mich6938 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 am

Hi,
Sorry for late response. Can you check if this problem occur with different project or workspace? You can also try to remove files under workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2 (close Studio before). If you will still have same issue please attach your log file (workspace/.metadata/.log). Thanks in advance.