Zend Studio 12 - Bower + Windows?!

General discussion on Zend Studio
gonemini

Zend Studio 12 - Bower + Windows?!

Post by gonemini » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello ZS 12 dev team -- I love that ZS is starting to get some accelerated development focus and is catching up with regards to the underlying Eclipse version.

Regarding CCM application creation and development I'm running into a few issues and didn't see any documentation available that is reflective of the ZS 12 release regarding how to set up Bower.

Upon creating a bower.json file in my project I see that the bower option pops up when right-clicking on the file. Proceeding to configure bower is where I'm running into issues.

I have NPM installed and can execute bower via my command line. When I point Zend Studio's bower path to the location of my bower installation (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\npm) which does have the bower command available Zend Studio provides an error, "Bower executable is not valid".

Will someone kindly provide instructions or a link to some to-be-created/updated in the search index documentation on this?

Thanks!

wojtek_g

Re: Zend Studio 12 - Bower + Windows?!

Post by wojtek_g » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. This preference should point directly to the Bower's executable. In this case please set it to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\npm\bower.cmd. Base on your experience I will improve it to also consider parent's folders as a valid location. We will also complete missing help pages about Bower integration.

Kind regards,
Wojciech Galanciak
Zend Studio Team