Very unstable sftp access

General discussion on Zend Studio
herrick1

Very unstable sftp access

Post by herrick1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:28 am

Hi,

In previous version of Zend, I was creating a local project and was adding the folder from the remote server tab to the project and it was working fine. This "feature" doesnt work anymore in ZS 12 apparently.

So I went to the Remote server tab and right clicked on a folder and chose "Create remote project"

It kinda work since the project built, but all the native php functions were not shown in the auto complete like if they didn't exist... I did a lot of googling and found that Zend doesnt look at the local folder for php classes when the project is remote (WTF ?). So I copied the files from C:\Users\myusername\Zend\workspaces\DefaultWorkspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.php.core\__language__\5cac87b8 to the server and now the php functions were working fine (auto complete worked)

So it kinda work fine. The problem is that it's very unstable when it starts. It frequently freeze, stay stuck during building and cancel don't even work, or we get java.lang null errors, etc.

If we can pass the project building phase the application is pretty stable (some rare hangs, but nothing serious). But before starting to work, I usually need to kill/restart the zend process many times because it freezes, hangs, etc)...

Anyone experiencing these issues ? Is Zend aware of there issues ?

Thanks in advance.

wojtek_g

Re: Very unstable sftp access

Post by wojtek_g » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I have noticed that you firstly mentioned about adding a remote folder to an existing local project and then about creating new remote project from a remote folder. Could you provide me a list of detailed steps which you need to perform in order to reproduce the issue? It will help me to focus on this concrete problem.

Kind regards,
Wojciech Galanciak
Zend Studio Team