Upgrade Problems: Zend Studio 11->12

General discussion on Zend Studio
wojtek_g

Re: Upgrade Problems: Zend Studio 11->12

Post by wojtek_g » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi,

Thank you for reporting those issues.

What method did you use for importing your existing project into Zend Studio 12?

Regarding the second issue. Subversive 2.0.1 (current official release) which can be installed in Zend Studio supports Subversion 1.8. I have tested 1.8.10 and 1.7.17 and in both cases I was able to work with svn repositories (share project, commit, etc.). Could you provide me some more details about observed issues?

Kind regards,
Wojciech Galanciak
Zend Studio Team

wojtek_g

Re: Upgrade Problems: Zend Studio 11->12

Post by wojtek_g » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

1) If you use a new empty workspace and import projects by Import -> Existing Project into Workspace wizard then you will loose information about connection profiles for your remote locations. They are specific for a workspace. If you do not want to (or cannot) use the same workspace for different Studio versions then you need to perform the following steps before importing your projects:
1. Open Remote Systems view.
2. For each connection profile choose Export from its context menu.
3. Switch to the new workspace.
4. Open Remote Systems view again.
5. For each exported profile choose Import Connection from view's context menu.

After that you can import your projects and Automatic Upload configuration should work correctly.

2) I have noticed that newly shared projects (project's context menu -> Team -> Share Project) have an old format. As a workaround you can just upgrade such projects using "svn upgrade" command.

Kind regards,
Wojciech Galanciak
Zend Studio Team