Zend Studio Local and remote setup issues

General discussion on Zend Studio

Zend Studio Local and remote setup issues

Postby will5247 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:40 pm

This is what I am trying to accomplish with no luck there is no sufficient documentation.. I have the latest zend studio and zend server on my windows 10 pc, I want to be able to switch between local and remote development of a project. I want to be able to develop locally then if I want to upload a specific file or update be able to upload it using automatic upload. I have found zero documentation for this..

here are my steps I click on zend, create a new work space for the specific project, it detects the local zend server, then i create a new local php project, I give it a name. now it connects to the local mysql and server i can run the project locally and everything is good. then i go to set up automatic upload once I do that it uploads to the server no problem.. however there is no way for me to go back to local. I have to make a copy of my project folder then delete the folder then create a new project then move my php files to the new project and develop locally again.

when i uncheck the automatic upload. it still shows the ftp domain when i try to run it.. if i try to deploy it removes the project folder and tries to run like this... localhost/index.php instead of localhost/myproject/index.php

I have been at this for over a month no docs found and when i do find a video or something its for a older version and does not work. I find it hard to beleve that you cannot switch back and forth.. I run into more issues then anything.

note: that even when trying the deploy it tells me there is a url conflict.. I know it has to do with the project name but in all the deploy document the project name and url are the same, so why is it that way in the document images but not in reality?

please if there is anyone that can help guide me I would appreciate this so much.
will5247

Re: Zend Studio Local and remote setup issues

Postby will5247 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm

well according to this document http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Studio/ ... cation.htm this must be a bug because i cannot replicate a vaild project name or directory as this says its suppose to be
will5247

Return to Zend Studio