Problems connecting to SVN repository

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Problems connecting to SVN repository

Postby cody4871 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:12 am

Ok - i've spent quite some time on this and I think I am pretty close. But alas I have to throw myself to the mercy of others generosity.

I created the empty repository on my hosting account. I placed it in /home/svn/repos/repositoryname

What I have done thus far - is generate a public/private key on my local computer. I copied the public key down to my server (I am using a Bluehost account). I copied the public key to "authorized_keys". After that - I then tested that the private key works by connecting from my local box using the key:

ssh -i "c:\Users\<user>\.ssh\id_rsa" <useraccount>

It allowed me right in -so that is a good sign.

Now - I went to Zend Studio - and tried to set things up to utilize the new key. I am using the Subversive SVN elcipse plugin.

When I go in and click on "New Repository Location" I make the following configurations:

GENERAL TAB:
URL: svn+ssh://<useraccount>/home/svn/repos/repositoryname

SSH SETTINGS TAB:
Under authentication I click on "Private Key" - then i browse and find the key.

Then I try to connect, click "Finish". It immediately prompts me for a "User and Password". I did not associate a passphrase with my key when i generated it.

What am I doing wrong here??
cody4871

Re: Problems connecting to SVN repository

Postby cody4871 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 pm

I finally figured it out - but after working with SVN for awhile I found it to be overally difficult and clunky to work with. Opted to use git instead.
cody4871

Return to Zend Studio