Where To Find My Zend Studio License

General discussion on Zend Studio

Where To Find My Zend Studio License

Postby chri6414 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 pm

I purchased a license for Zend Studio last night and got the receipt confirmation through the Rogue Wave Store. When I log into Rogue Wave I can see three license numbers sitting there but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the actual license key that I need to paste into the license window in Zend Studio. It has been around 16 hours since I bought the license and still no further emails. I have tried emailing Zend Sales and Zend Support and have not gotten anywhere either.

Really need to find out where I go to get my license code. I have logged in and can see the license number listed in my licenses page but there is no where from there that I can see to convert the license number into a license code.
chri6414

Re: Where To Find My Zend Studio License

Postby chri6414 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 am

Has anyone else registered Zend Studio and can tell me where they got the registration code from (legitimate license bought from Rogue Wave) so I can try the process. Thanks.
chri6414

Postby coffear on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

The licence should show in the licences tab when you go into the my account section of zend.com. Where you see the licence info click on get licence and it has a text box below that has the licence key.
coffear

Postby andr6745 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 am

I bought my license last night but it seems not to work.
I see the numbers in my account licenses page, but copy and paste into Zend Studio Trial dialog box seems not to work.
The license is invalid.
I need help. I cannot work.
andr6745

Postby kaloyan_r on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:56 am

If copy and paste into Zend Studio Trial dialog box does not work for you then I can suggest the following workaround:

1. Create a text file with name "0_0" (this is zero-underscore-zero)
2. Copy and paste the license key in this text file. Just a single line, no line feeds.
3. Find the ".ZendStudio" folder (note the dot) under your user home folder.
4. Copy the "0_0" file under the ".ZendStudio" folder.
5. Restart Zend Studio. The license key should be applied correctly now.
Kaloyan Raev
Zend Studio Team
kaloyan_r
Zend Product Manager

Postby bill6225 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:25 pm

This 0_0 file workaround doesn't work and there is no support contact form at Roague Wave.
I am setting up a new dev environment for a new client and very disappointed with Zend.
You guys have come along way in the 10 years I've been using your products but it's clearly time to consider alternatives.
bill6225

Postby latr55 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:00 pm

I encountered the same problem, how to solve it?
latr55

Postby mike3514 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 pm

I just purchased Zend studio for $89.00 and was a bit miffed when it came to the process of the transaction. I absolutely hate two party purchase systems where I need a log in either from this site or their site, so I made a new account over there and went through with the purchase. The whole process was stupid because it does not even contain a link to download the final product after you purchase the licence. It just sits there letting you know the order was approved. Nothing else!

Once I finally figured out how to get the licence by relogging backing into my personal profile of RougeWare, I then seen my licence keys. I downloaded Zend Studio and awaited the prompt screen happily pasting in my licence key and then being kicked square in the balls when it said it was not valid. So, I re-entered it again. Same result. I tried the other key, same result.

So...can somebody tell me why this is happening? I tried the ridiculous suggestion of the 0_0.txt file and again, struck out cold on that as well. So, here I am, $89.00 poorer, under the gun with a zend setup and a IE that will not accept my legitimate licence key.

And then you wonder why people pirate software.
mike3514

Postby mike3514 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Just tried calling Support. Was actually surprised they had a phone number to call and now I know why. Once you get past all of the menu prompts, she basically tells you to go to the forums or support area of Rouge Wave and try to find a solution. I just signed up to be "invited" to a support session and here they also ask for your licence number in order to complete the form. Now I guess its the waiting game to get my invitation and have a dead end run of suggestions that will take this into next week of trying to solve this really stupid issue. It should not even be an issue nor should it even be an area of concern.
mike3514

Return to Zend Studio