Zend Debugger Disconnecting

General discussion on Zend Studio

Zend Debugger Disconnecting

Postby jay4205 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 pm

I am able to connect to my Zend Debugger from Zend Studio but after about 10 seconds, the debugger quits. Note, I am not using Zend Server. Any help would be a huge help.

My phpinfo() is attached.
phpinfo_th.pdf
(347.85 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Jay
jay4205

Re: Zend Debugger Disconnecting

Postby bart8284 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello,

Could you possibly provide a little bit more information about this issue? Does the debugger quits while code execution is suspended i.e. via breakpoint? Could you also provide some simple example script or some screenshots?

With best regards,
Bartlomiej Laczkowski
Zend Studio Team
bart8284

Postby jay4205 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Zend Studio will switch to the Debug mode automatically (so I know the server is at least able to talk to Zend Studio), but the code with the breakpoint is never shown and after about 10 seconds Zend Studio goes back to it's previous mode. I am not in front of my computer with zend studio on it right now, I will provide some screen shots later tonight.
jay4205

Postby jay4205 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:49 am

I had recorded some video of what happens, but it looks like this forum does not allow any videos or links, so I have no way to get you the video.

So here are some screen shots.
Image 8.png
Zend Studio before I launch the debugger through the browser.
Image 8.png (70.34 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

Image 10.png
Zend Studio switches to Debug mode and then terminates 2 seconds later.
Image 10.png (63.38 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
jay4205

Postby bart8284 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Hello,

So it looks like your debug session doesn't hit the breakpoints. So let we check a few things to be sure what is going on:

1. Are you sure that you perform any actions in your PHP app that invokes a code that you have your breakpoints at? (I am pretty sure you do, anyway I have to ask :-).
2. Does it also fail to hit the breakpoints if you start debug session from Zend Studio by using appropriate server configuration and IDE launch configuration? (Main toolbar "Debug" icon menu -> Debug Configurations... -> PHP Web Application).
3. If you are sure that your breakpoints should be hit, could you possibly send a screenshot with your path mappings for the server? (To check it go to Window -> Preferences -> PHP -> Servers, open edit dialog for your server and switch to "Path Mapping" tab).
4. Please also attach zipped support tool contents (Help -> Support Tool).

With best regards,
Bartlomiej Laczkowski
Zend Studio team
bart8284

Postby jay4205 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi Bartlomiej,

1. I am sure the breakpoint is set correct. It is set in functions.php is called with every PHP request in Wordpress.
2. From this menu I am able to start and load the first php page (Break at First Line), so it seems to work correctly when using IDE launch configuration, but I never get to the breakpoint I have set. If I turn off "Break at First Line", it never hits my breakpoint and I see the behavior I was originally reporting.
3. Path Mappings attached.
Image 004.png
Path Mappings
Image 004.png (19.13 KiB) Viewed 1287 times

4. Attached is the support tool package.
Attachments
ZendStudio-SupportFile.zip
Zend Studio Support File
(76.72 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
jay4205

Postby jbgisser on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 pm

To add fuel to the fire ...

but after about 10 seconds, the debugger quits.

I am also experiencing Zend Debug quitting after 10 seconds ... but the scenario is different. I have Zend Server and am able to get to my breakpoints. But eventually the browser times out (after 64 seconds because of the Apache setting) and then 10 seconds after that, the debugger terminates.

I'm going to guess that you might have 2 problems ... one is that the Debugger isn't connecting with your server and the other is that after 10 seconds of "something" it quits.

If I figure out why it's barfing after 10 seconds, I'll post something here.
jbgisser

Return to Zend Studio