Content Assist is too agressive and causing problems...

General discussion on Zend Studio
oucil

Content Assist is too agressive and causing problems...

Post by oucil » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 pm

I have always used content assist without any problems, but I'm not sure if it's 13.6 or some other change that's been made but it is WAY too aggressive now which is leading to many unintended selections and insertions.

There are two problems I'd like to know how to deal with...

1. Content Assist is showing up after I type a ";" at the end of a code line, so when I naturally hit the Return key to move to the next line, instead the content assist is showing up and giving me options, I've tried slowing down the content assist window but this is just slowing down my work where I actually want it. Why does Content Assist show up after a semi-colon anyway??? How to I prevent this from happening so I only get content assist when I've typed a minimum of one character?

2. The first issue wouldn't be as big an issue if the content assist window didn't automatically select the first item in the list. Rather, if I had to manually use the down arrow to get to the first item in the list to select it rather than hitting enter by accident and getting an unintended insertion that I now have to go back and correct, it would be acceptable to have it show up more often.

#1 would be my preferable issue to fix, I would much rather only get content assist once I've started typing, and NOT after a semi-colon which I have to use at the end of every complete line of code and where I would naturally follow with a Return press.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin.

oucil

Re: Content Assist is too agressive and causing problems...

Post by oucil » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:50 pm

So does anyone at Zend actually monitor their own support groups? I see lots of posts that have zero interaction from your staff, and I've been at the top of the posts for 5 days with zero responses. What gives?