How do I change the "Path" of a Project?

General discussion on Zend Studio

How do I change the "Path" of a Project?

Postby tcarnes on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:31 pm

I have a project which I have created new. When I look at Resource in its Properties dialog, I see Path: /DojoLearningRemote and Location: Q:\DojoPlay.

My files are on my remote Webserver which I can access through our corporate network as Q:\

When I try to "play" one of my scripts, it tries to load it from <webserverDomain>/DojoLearningRemote/test.php instead of <webserverDomain>/DojoPlay/test.php

How do I fix this?

I will ask a related question about the best way to set up file locations on a separate post.

Terry
tcarnes

Re: How do I change the "Path" of a Project?

Postby massimilianoc on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:27 pm

That is because the Path attribute (which is usually the name of the project) is the directory within which the file is searched URL wise.
Zend Studio does not know what is the Web server DocRoot (the one associated with URL http://<webserverDomain>), it can be whatever dir in the server filesystem.
What it can be predicted is, for whatever DocRoot, that a folder is present inside it which is relates with the project in Zend Studio. What can the name of the folder be?
The simplest assumption is 'the_name_of_the_project' or Eclipse speaking the 'Path'.

The Location attribute is just the actual filesystem folder the project resides, it never plays any role in the logic of the Zend Studio run operations.
Best regards,
Massi.
massimilianoc

Return to Zend Studio