ZS9 Is the example project supposed to run "out of the box"?

General discussion on Zend Studio
ijuedt

ZS9 Is the example project supposed to run "out of the box"?

Post by ijuedt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 pm

When trying to run the "Zend Framework Example Project" from the public/index.php as PHP Web Application, I'm running straight into a "No input file specified" error. The project displays no warnings except a warning sign at the Example Project reference in the PHP Include Path (which also contains Zend Framework Library and PHPUnit 3.x Library). Neither can I start in debug mode - the same error appears before hitting a breakpoint at the very first code line. I suspect something's amiss with the basic configuration.

kentatzend

Re: ZS9 Is the example project supposed to run "out of the b

Post by kentatzend » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

What Web Serer are you using?

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

kentatzend wrote:What Web Serer are you using?
I'm using apache-tomcat-7.0.23 but cannot make ZS recognize it. Neither the Preferences dialog nor the Server wizard knows about it. And the Help is of no help because it simply says "In the Select the server type list, select the type of server or test environment where you want to publish or test your resources." But I can't add a server environment because the filter string seems to operate on an empty set. When trying to add any version of Geronimo (as proposed by "Download additional server adapters"), I run into "missing requirement" errors, e.g. "requires org.eclipse.jst.features.group".

kentatzend

Post by kentatzend » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 pm

That is because Tomcat is a java servlet / jsp sever and not a general purpose Web Server. You are developing in PHP so you need "regular" Apache and a Java server. You might want to try Zend Server CE it's free and easy to user and fully integrated with Zend Studio.

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Installed Zend Server CE. Installation seems to be correct, but there's neither auto detection (as "Setting Up Zend Debugger" promises) nor can I specify Zend Server manually. As far as Zend Studio is concerned, there's no difference (tried restart of Studio, tried to use preferences/server/runtime environments, tried to use wizard from server window).

kentatzend

Post by kentatzend » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

What OS are we talking about?

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 pm

kentatzend wrote:What OS are we talking about?
Win 7 64 bit

kentatzend

Post by kentatzend » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Ok so when you create a new project does "Detect local Zend Server not work in the dialog?

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 pm

kentatzend wrote:Ok so when you create a new project does "Detect local Zend Server not work in the dialog?
Unfortunately, when creating a new project ("Local PHP project"), I've got no "Detect local Zend Server" option. Instead, I can select "New server ..." in the "Host" combo box and I'm ending up trying to configure a path mapping. I've got no idea where this "Detect local Zend Server" is to be found. I have the option "Launch with Zend application development" where I may choose Zend Server, but then I end up at "Add Target", where have to specify a host (could perhaps be localhost) and a key name and key secret.

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

One step further: new installation of Zend Studio while Zend Server up and running makes Zend Studio recognizing Zend Server - at least it says so. I still do not see any server in Zend Studio. Now I build a new workspace in my development path and try to run Zend example project. As a result, I get an error from IIS: 404 Not Found. My guess: mismatch of document root. Now assuming that I have to deploy into C:\inetpub\wwwroot - wasn't Zend Studio supposed to support a local server as this http://files.zend.com/webinar/demo1_fin ... inal2.html nice tutorial promises?

Why I don't get a server list?
Why can't I create new servers?
Why there's no tutorial adapted to ZS 9 that simply tells me correctly what I have to do!?