ZS9 Is the example project supposed to run "out of the box"?

General discussion on Zend Studio
ijuedt

Re: ZS9 Is the example project supposed to run "out of the b

Post by ijuedt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Trying to add anew project with Zend Application Deployment and "Detect Local" opens dialog "Add Target", after hitting "Test Connection" tries for 1-2 minutes, then aborts with "Target was not created".

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Next try: "New PHP project" / "Launch with Zend Application Deployment" / "Zend Server" --> Host: http://localhost:10081/ZendExample

Error: "Provided host is not compatible with the supported version of Zend Server. Error: Unknown Response Code"

So Zend Studio 9 isn't compatible with Zend Server CE 5.6.0 !?

rbzend
Zend Global Support

Post by rbzend » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Please make sure that you follow the documentation exactly, for example, use this procedure:
Deploying Applications to Zend Server
If the procedure doesn't work for you, specify the step where it's failing.
NB: For the Deployment functionality to work, you need the full version of Zend Server (i.e. not Zend Server CE).

If you are looking for a way to simply debug your application, consider starting with this:
Setting Up Remote Debugging
Roman Basayev
Rogue Wave Support
https://support.roguewave.com/

ijuedt

Post by ijuedt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks for the help - now for the first time I have a working debugger! Trying to run the Zend Example Projext still ends in an error ("Bad Gateway"), but it's been a great step ahead. Seems that my problem was to find exactly that documentation I needed to solve my problem! I still don't now if that's the standard mode of operation or of it should have worked with "automatic detection". I'm an experienced programmer, but I'm new to PHP and I'm possibly too much accustomed to the Microsoft look-and-feel of IDEs.

Thank you very much!

timvansteenbergen

Post by timvansteenbergen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi, Same here: trying to get started in Studio. Let's keep trying.
For me this example in the helpfile worked first time: Zend studio user Guide -> user Guide-> Tutorials -> Deploying Applications to Zend Server
Maybe nice to try it.

Also, for me after installing the Zend ServerCE I restarted Zend Studio and then it automatically found the Zend Server.
It is located on http://localhost:10081/ZendServer/Index ... 7130425626 (on my local pc of course)

Mind if we hook up in our attempts to learn working with Studio?
Best regards, Tim van Steenbergen, tieka.nl

timvansteenbergen

Post by timvansteenbergen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 pm

where have to specify a host (could perhaps be localhost) and a key name and key secret.
host is indeed: localhost
You can find keyname and keysecret on the Zend server (http://localhost:10081/ZendServer/Login)
on the tab Application
subtab API Keys
Best regards, Tim van Steenbergen, tieka.nl

ganoro

Post by ganoro » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 am

Hi,

We investigated this scenario and found a bug that is related to how Windows UAC reaching the Zend Server data files. We are looking into ways to fix this issue but in the meanwhile can you please check if the file C:\Users\kent\AppData\VirtualStore\Local\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\GUI\application\data is there? if yes, please delete it and re-try.

Thanks for your feedback!