Zend Debugger Toolbar Extension for Google Chrome.

General discussion on Zend Studio

Moderator: natalia_b_zend

Zend Debugger Toolbar Extension for Google Chrome.

Postby stroop on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Since i have not yet seen an official extension for chrome (or i have not looked hard enough), i created one so i don't have to switch back to Firefox all the time, while I wait for the official extension.

It only has the basic functionality (debug, debug next, profile and some configuration options) and it probably has some bugs and quirks, but it functions fine for me.

Download it here :
zend-debugger-toolbar-extension.rar
Zend debugger toolbar extension for Google chrome
(18.02 KiB) Downloaded 1496 times

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Dennis
stroop

Re: Zend Debugger Toolbar Extension for Google Chrome.

Postby aik on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Doesn't work in my Chrome, when installing says permissions[0] error.
aik

Postby stroop on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Which version of chrome do you have? Currently i have 4.0.266.0, but i tested it on an earlier 4.0 release aswell.
stroop

Postby aik on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm

I have 3.0.195.33. It seems, that Google Chrome isn't auto-updating after all. After upgrade version became 3.0.195.38. Where did you get 4.x version of Google Chrome for windows. Same problem after upgrade too. For example installation of this chrome extension http://www.chromeextensions.org/appeara ... e-to-tray/ ends with same error. Maybe opening ctx file with chrome isn't enough to install. Maybe some advanced permissions should be set to allow extension installations at all.
aik

Postby aik on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am

I found where problem was. This extension will only work on latest beta of chrome, which has 4.x version. Opening this extension in 3.x version gives "Save" option, but 4.x version gives "Continue" option to install extension.
aik

Postby akshah123 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Officially, google chrome does not allow extensions yet. They are only available on beta version of google chrome. You can switch to beta version of chrome from here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/chrome/beta/
akshah123

Postby andypost on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:05 am

Any progress on this? This extension works but not stable :(
Anyway thanx for sharing, Maybe you post it at https://chrome.google.com/extensions
andypost

Postby jinjaninja on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 am

I've installed the extension and it mostly works - however, my breakpoints aren't working. It will break at the first line if that's set in the options but it skips over any breakpoints I set.

I am assuming this is a problem with the extension as everything works fine with the FF debugger tool.

Chrome: 4.1.249.1045
Firefox: 3.6.3

Will anyone be supporting this tool? I hope so!

Thanks
jinjaninja

Postby vaughnelleray on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:40 am

Is there an update on this yet? Wondering if the Chrome extension is free of bugs? I'd prefer it over the FF extension.
vaughnelleray

Postby the_smoke on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:32 pm

jinjaninja wrote:I've installed the extension and it mostly works - however, my breakpoints aren't working. It will break at the first line if that's set in the options but it skips over any breakpoints I set.

I am assuming this is a problem with the extension as everything works fine with the FF debugger tool.

Chrome: 4.1.249.1045
Firefox: 3.6.3

Will anyone be supporting this tool? I hope so!

Thanks

The solution is to go to Zend Debugger Toolbar -> Options and check the option for "Debug local copy(if available)". It works like a charm :)
the_smoke

Next

Return to Zend Studio