Cannot authenticate with git repo on assembla

General discussion on Zend Studio
enormoustrousers

Cannot authenticate with git repo on assembla

Post by enormoustrousers » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 am

I work for a company whose git repo is hosted with assembla.com. I want to use ZS9 to work with the project but I'm finding authentication impossible. Assembla requires a repo URI beginning with "git@", which causes ZS9 to demand that the username be set to "git". I found that if I enter the information in just the right order, I can successfully clone a repo using my real username (shown here as "someguy"):

Once the repo is cloned, however, I cannot communicate with the remote again. Any time I try to push, pull, etc., I am prompted to log into the repo with the following dialog box:

The username is greyed out so I am unable to change it.

I am still in my 30-day trial period, and I want to buy ZS9, but if it won't work with git on Assembla, I'll be forced to use something else. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

ganoro

Re: Cannot authenticate with git repo on assembla

Post by ganoro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:04 am

Maybe it's related to the known issue that Zend Studeio doesn't get private ssh key?
Read this post and let us know if it's the issue
http://lenss.nl/2012/02/using-ssh-key-a ... endstudio/

Thanks for sharing,

enormoustrousers

Re: Cannot authenticate with git repo on assembla

Post by enormoustrousers » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Sadly, no, that didn't solve the problem. The issue is that ZS doesn't allow me to change the user name on login -- it enforces "git" as the user name with no option of being overridden. I can successfully perform a clone because that dialog box (as pictured) allows me to specify the username, an option that does not exist when I attempt to push or pull.