Error: Processing Dirty Regions

General discussion on Zend Studio

Re: Error: Processing Dirty Regions

Postby danielson317 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Is this every going to get fixed its been occurring for over 3 years form looking at this forum. I have over 50 or so example files that reproduce this several already attached in my previous comments. What's the deal?
danielson317

Postby sylvie6713 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:14 am

Hi
I just downloaded the views-7.x-3.3.tar.gz. I do not see any errors working with it (including the file you mentioned).
Can you please give a bit more info: OS, Studio version/buildID, some steps which reproduce - is it just opening a specific file or editing, saving, etc?

Thanks
Sylvia Tancheva
QA Team, Zend
sylvie6713

Postby danielson317 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Howdy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I downloaded a fresh version of drupal 7. I added the latest version of views to /sites/all/modules/contrib/views

I created a new php project using the drupal install directory as the project base. (I selected php 5.3 which is the recommended version for drupal 7 and views 3)

I then opened /sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display.inc

Received the following error a few moments after opening the file:
An internal error occurred during: "Processing Dirty Regions".
org.eclipse.php.internal.core.compiler.ast.nodes.PHPCallExpression cannot be cast to org.eclipse.php.internal.core.compiler.ast.nodes.ArrayCreation

I then opened another file views.module. I then clicked the tab for views_plugin_display.inc and revived the error again. From this point on every time I click on the tab for the file views_plugin_display.inc I receive the error.

See screenshot for build info from about screen: http://files.clikbox.com/skitch/About_Z ... 121950.png

Also I am using OS X Lion. I have reproduced the error exactly as described in OS X Snow Leopard as well.
danielson317

Postby sylvie6713 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh ... so you are on Studio 8?
The bug is fixed and no longer reproducible in Studio 9.
Just in case (to make sure) I performed your steps so I can see that it is really easy reproducible in Studio 8 but the same flow/project/files will not bring errors on Studio 9 (that is why I could not get the error the first time).
Check Studio 9 (it has 30 days trial)
Sylvia Tancheva
QA Team, Zend
sylvie6713

Postby danielson317 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks for posting a solution. However I don't thikn I should have to pay for a bug fix on a licensed product. This is a rather obnoxious error and aside from this I am happy with my current version of the studio. If upgrading to studio 9 is the only way this bug is going to be fixed I'm going to need something better than a 30 day trial.
danielson317

Postby asoqa on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 am

danielson317 wrote:Howdy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I downloaded a fresh version of drupal 7. I added the latest version of views to /sites/all/modules/contrib/views

I created a new php project using the drupal install directory as the project base. (I selected php 5.3 which is the recommended version for drupal 7 and views 3)

I then opened /sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display.inc

I have the same problem like you, with drupal 7+view 3+views_plugin_display.inc.
A little difference is I worked on Windows XP.
asoqa

Postby asoqa on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:12 am

danielson317 wrote:Thanks for posting a solution. However I don't thikn I should have to pay for a bug fix on a licensed product. This is a rather obnoxious error and aside from this I am happy with my current version of the studio. If upgrading to studio 9 is the only way this bug is going to be fixed I'm going to need something better than a 30 day trial.

Strongly agree with you!
asoqa

Postby micro_us on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm

This issue is really annoying, it has not been fixed for too long anyway, and now the only option to get rid of this bug in *PAID* product (not a cheap one!) is to pay for another one?
Please, don't be silly! I am really considering to leave zend studio and switch to something another IDE. There are plenty of them, but I guess there is one common feature that I can't find in Zend's software - CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!
micro_us

Postby micro_us on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:22 pm

This is how we are treated. I really didn't expect very much from Zend's support, but the complete silence... shame. Really.
OK, I paid for ZS already, you got me. No need to argue. If I wasn't a programmer, perhaps I'd believe this fix is that hard, but well.. I am. I am not, however, stupid enough to pay for another buggy version of ZS and wait again for yet another expensive version of the same software that pretends to be something it's simply not.

Let's face it, I am one of those who paid relatively big cash for product, that makes me impossible to do my work. I ended up with an insanely expensive PHP debugger instead of IDE that suppose to make me edit basically TEXT FILES on a computer without quad core processor (while it can't do it smoothly on weaker dual-core machine). But OK, this was my mistake - I bough it. I won't make the mistake again. No more ZS. CodeLobster does the trick for me, however there are plenty of very solid IDEs. I didn't even pay for it (just yet) and I still feel treated much better from their side than from Zend. They respect my time, my job, so I will support them. At least I will know what I am paying for. There is no bug-free software, can't question that. But this.... I have no words. 2 weeks of silence. Even simple apology was too hard.

Well, it's alright. I am nobody to you, perhaps just like rest of us posting on this topic or just reading it laughing at us begging for support we deserve anyway. Like some say: you don't like it, don't use it. I say: If you don't care if I like it, don't make me pay for it, otherwise this is more like a thievery.

Congratulations. You just lost your client. I'm pretty sure not the only one.

Goodbye Zend Studio. I am much happier without it, shame I didn't switch earlier, could save me so much nerves and time.
micro_us

Postby danielson317 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Hello again. Still waiting on a good solution to this. I don't want to be unreasonable but this is a very expensive licensed IDE and a certain standard of quality is expected with that. Is their a solution for this bug that doesn't involve paying money?
danielson317

PreviousNext

Return to Zend Studio