Multiple SVN repo's, one project

General discussion on Zend Studio
jaimz

Multiple SVN repo's, one project

Post by jaimz » Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Hello,

So I want to create a new project that will be pulling code from multiple SVN repo's (or even multiple GIT repo's)

Is this something that zend studio is capable of?

Basically i'll want this

/Project-root/
/Project-root/folder1/ (from svn://folder1_repo.url.com/)
/Project-root/folder2/ (from svn://folder2_repo.url.com/)

jacek-p

Re: Multiple SVN repo's, one project

Post by jacek-p » Tue May 08, 2012 11:04 am

hi,
Studio doesn't support more than one VCS per project, so you wouldn't be able to have single project with many Git/SVN repos.
Although you could import contents from different repos as separate projects, while keeping preferred directory structure and full Studio support for Git/SVN.

rbzend
Zend Global Support

Post by rbzend » Tue May 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Also, take a look at svn:externals - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn. ... rnals.html
Roman Basayev
Rogue Wave Support
https://support.roguewave.com/

jaimz

Post by jaimz » Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm actually doing it with GIT, I figured more people were familure with SVN that's why I posed my question using SVN as an example.

In my opinion, this is a short coming of the project management in Zend Studio. I was able, however, to set up multiple projects then link them together using the project includes.

The reason this isn't necessarily the best option is because I now have to help each of my developers replicated my project structure.

Now, if I could export an entire working set and just pass around some sort of XML file that would automatically create the working set on my developers machines... that'd be awesome.

I love Zend Studio, I don't complain very often, I've just found that as a team managing developer some things are harder than they need to be when it comes to me giving support to my developers.

jacek-p

Post by jacek-p » Tue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Actually, you can export your projects set to XML and give to your friends:
Select the projects you want to export, right click and choose Export. Then in the wizard find out "Team Project Set" and specify path to file that's going to be created.
Then you can share this PSF file with your collegues, and they can import projects via File->Import->Team Project Set. This will create the projects and fetch from SVN/GIT/CVS...