Too much indexing

General discussion on Zend Studio
ilyabolt

Re: Possibly found the slow problem!

Post by ilyabolt » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

crazymerlin wrote:To test this issue further, I have 2 projects set up the same way: imported as remote server projects.
On one I have the DLTK indexing on, and on the other I have it off.
The project without it on runs smoothly all day long, virtually no issues at all.
The project with it on is so slow I can go make coffee, come back and my file still hasn't saved. This project also takes at least 3 seconds just to switch between views in the interface.

I am not done testing yet but I believe that DLTK indexing is the problem.
How did you switched off dltk indexing for one of the projects?

xjuggler

Re: Too much indexing

Post by xjuggler » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

crazymerlin wrote:
blaufalke wrote: Zend CLEARLY don't give a xxxx about us any more. They know that all the other IDEs out there for PHP are just as bad or worse, so they will do what the hell they like. I will continue to use your product for now, but seriously Zend, you are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Wholly unprofessional, and not customer based at all. And I have to say I actually personally hate you.

Zend: Zero education, no discussion.
I agree 100%.
Thank you for that post.
You was able to say what i feel about zend...

inkrzend

Post by inkrzend » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:38 am

Zend studio V6.X worked for me until last week. It took some time to build project but this about half hour of day wasted for that.
Few weeks ago buiding never ends so I cant work with this program anymore.

I tried V7.x but this is not better and I dont want to buy new licence for this crap. All good phpdoc comment support is changed into new uncomfortable style.

WTF? old 5.x version was the best. I could use it now but it didn't install on Win7.

zend_hater

Post by zend_hater » Fri May 07, 2010 9:07 am

Dear Zend Victims,

what i read here confirms totally to my experience i had while i'm using zend since the first eclipse platform version.
In those days i could not understand why they switched to an IDE based on a programming language that permits the effective usage of the whole system memory and performance of my development machine. Every action took 5 up to 10 times longer than before.

For a developer who is familiar with the MS Visual Studio and the Refactoring Tool ReSharper for C#, you must agree that i thought they must have a project manager who really does not know what he is doing.
Just think about the poor zend employees which were forced to devop such a xxxx as of now.

No further explanations are required. All posters here described all reasons to switch to another PHP IDE.

After a little research i found on http://www.php-editors.com/review/ the NuShere PhpED. php-editors.com ratedthis IDE as the best PHP IDE!

For all who thought Zend is the one and only PHP IDE i can only say: You are totally wrong!

PhpED behaves like the MS Visual Studio. Take a look at the video tutorials on the products site. You'll be impressed!

totalsupport

Post by totalsupport » Fri May 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Besides the Zend Studio, I've worked mostly with PhpEd (and some PhpEdit). And I can honestly say I prefer the Studio. For some reason it allows us to develop faster. And for some reason me and our entire team don't seem to have these issues raised here... I know these issues can be frustrating, and that's why I'm trying to help out. Rants like these aren't helping anyone. Anyway, let's let this just be a matter of taste and leave it at that.

Oh, and this www.php-editors.com rates Dreamweaver as a 5/5 PHP IDE.... go figure.

rhsoftware

Post by rhsoftware » Sat May 08, 2010 10:37 am

zend_hater wrote: i could not understand why they switched to an IDE based on a programming language that permits the effective usage of the whole system memory and performance of my development machine.
*loool*

[ ] you know that ZS 5.x is also written in java
[x] You have no plan from what you are speaking

That eclispe have some troubles is one problem, but you message about java
shows you are a child not knowing what about speaking

crazymerlin

Post by crazymerlin » Mon May 10, 2010 3:29 am

lol.

OK, apart from the few posts that I have seen, I think that Zend must have hired a new lead developer or manager because 7.2 finally has been working non-stop without a crash (touch wood) for 2 weeks now.
I use Studio for most of the day and Eclipse all day as I switch between PHP and Flex.

I can't believe I'm writing this as it has been such a painful journey but I think Zend might finally have gotten their head above water...but that doesn't mean that the flood has subsided.
What is funny is that it is this kind of post that spawns small businesses who hear the discontent in the camp...pay attention Zend!

So until my first 7.2 major inter-dimensional time suck, or crash, I will post no more negative or slanderous comment ;0)

OK, just one more...get a new manager for your damn customer support because they are not supporting and will lose you customers!

Oh, and thanks for 7.2, I am finally productive again

cmyker

Post by cmyker » Tue May 11, 2010 11:20 pm

I agree with posts above. Zend Studio finally started acting like a production-ready IDE should. My opinion is that those reviews are nothing but a promotion of PHPed.

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Sun May 16, 2010 7:31 am

Hi,
I am using 7.2 and still have all the indexing, rebuilding and other issues that beset the new Zend/Eclipse environment. I have used Zend for over 6 years now and since the move to Eclipse we have nothing but problems. We have been moved from passionate supporters of Zend to looking for an alternative.

We even have issues with installing licences in the new version. I have tried a number of time to use the licenses listed on my "account" page, but none are accepted and the only notice I get is "License invalid" - a great help.

If this is "production quality", I hate to see the results if your code. I would sack developers that released the low quality code we have endured just trying to remain productive.

I truly dislike the new Zend and I still don't know how to stop to re-indexing and rebuilding stuff that has no need to be either indexed or rebuilt, PHP is an interpreted language for heavens sack, we don't need to build anything. I am truly over the whole disappointing episode.

BTW, these are my own personal observations, I may or may not respond to being corrected ( I have had unhelpful discussions with Zend folk already - and got told that I don't understand), but I am saying this as someone that has nearly 30 yes SDLC experience from Programmer to CIO and Technical Director, we have over 1,000,000 lines of PHP (all developed with ZDE) and I DO know what I am talking about.

I have been testing Netbeans on Windows and prefer it. I have not yet moved to another IDE on my Ubuntu laptop, but it seems only s matter if time.

BUT in the meantime, how do you stop all this ridiculous indexing, code analyis, project rebuilding that is not necessary and holds everything up?

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Sun May 16, 2010 7:39 am

Just follow up my last post:

I just decided to look at the 'properties' of one of my project (currently only 3, often up to 10),

In the middle of looking I get this weird error "The currently displayed page contains invalid values" (see attached).

This is production quality? Really?

Seems we are on our way to a new IDE.
Attachments
ZDE_wtf.png
Error on project Properties
ZDE_wtf.png (95.12 KiB) Viewed 13142 times