ZS 7.2 on MacOS 10.6: Data connection profile fail

General discussion on Zend Studio
radumas

ZS 7.2 on MacOS 10.6: Data connection profile fail

Post by radumas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:24 am

I have a mysql database running on localhost and have been trying to get ZS to create a new connection profile for a database on my machine, but it fails 100% of the time, no matter what driver I select from the available 4. I have been going back and forth with support (they reply within a week, asking a question, and it does an infinite loop with them.)

Does ZS run on MacOS? Do all the features work or just some of them?

The error report is:
java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.io.IOException

STACKTRACE:

java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input stream
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readPacket(MysqlIO.java:339)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:782)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1585)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:524)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:359)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.createConnection(JDBCConnection.java:206)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:104)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:53)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:72)
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.internal.mysql.connection.JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.java:28)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:355)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:876)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1585)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:524)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:359)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.createConnection(JDBCConnection.java:206)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:104)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:53)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:72)
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.internal.mysql.connection.JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBCMySQLConnectionFactory.java:28)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:355)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

radumas

Re: ZS 7.2 on MacOS 10.6: Data connection profile fail

Post by radumas » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Any ideas anyone? I've seen a couple similar posts, but no reliable fix. Zend Support not responsive.

radumas

Success!!!!

Post by radumas » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 am

Yes!!!!!!

did one more google search on the error message and found one in bugs.mysql that suggests ancient connector/j files could be problematic.

I looked in /library/java/extensions/ and there were two mysql-connector...jar files that were dated 2005 and 2003. I removed them and restarted zend and it succeeded in creating a database connection profile.

It only took a month to solve.

toddrimes

Re: ZS 7.2 on MacOS 10.6: Data connection profile fail

Post by toddrimes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi, radumas:

I am having exactly this same problem and am glad to hear you found a solution. Will you please give the full path of "/library/java/extensions/"?

Is it in your machine-wide java as in

sh-3.2# which java
/usr/bin/java

or inside your zend install like

sh-3.2# pwd
/usr/local/zend

?

Thank you,
~Todd