Where's the "Immediate Window"?

General discussion on Zend Studio
sing1ejack

Where's the "Immediate Window"?

Post by sing1ejack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

That's probably not what it's called in ZStudio, but that's what it's called in Visual Web Developer. It's a place to type in commands and alter or view variables while you're debugging (?variable prints the value of the variable, variable +2 adds two to the variable, etc). I'm looking at some new PHP code for the first time and I want to see if it does what I think it does by changing the variables while I have the debugger running. (I know I could drill down through the variables window, but sometimes the property I want to tinker with is hard to find.)

I was thinking the console might do it but it just sits there and says "No consoles to display at this time." Surely this can be done. But where?

bdaviszend

Re: Where's the "Immediate Window"?

Post by bdaviszend » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 pm

i am looking for same. did you ever get a reply? rbd

gdvlive

Re: Where's the "Immediate Window"?

Post by gdvlive » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Code: Select all

if ($I->understoodYouCorrectly()) {
    $you->getWhatYouWantAt($zendStudio->openView('Expressions')); // openView = Window -> Show View -> Debug
} 
It shows the return value of the expression but it also executes the code in the expression.

Greetings,
markus

PS: I'm sorry if that didn't make you laugh. It was easier for me than find the correct english words ;)