ZF2 in Studio 9

General discussion on Zend Studio

ZF2 in Studio 9

Postby cdsnl on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi

I am new at Zend Studio en Zend Framework. But I did some PHP project already.
As I have to learn everything regarding Zend Framework I thought I could beter start with ZF2 instead of ZF1.

I have Zend Studio working and I can make small projects with ZF1.

But how do I get ZF2 in Zend Studio.
I have downloaded ZF2 zip file and unzipped it. But if I try to create a new project I can only choose for ZF1.11.11 and ZF 1.12.0 but I do not see ZF2. When I use the browse option and point out the ZF2 folder, then it tells me that it is not a valid zend frame work installation.

It drives me crazy whole day.
And there nothing to find on the web about this. Maybe it is not possible.

Thanks
Andre
cdsnl

Re: ZF2 in Studio 9

Postby apikulik on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am

Hi, all!

I have the same problem.

As I can see directory structure in ZF2 differs from ZF1.
I believe there are plenty of changes in ZF2 so it's not surprising that current version of Zend Studio can not validate ZF2 as valid resource for Framework library.

I'm sure this will be fixed in new upcoming version of Zend Studio.
Shame on you Zend - you should provide new version of Zend Studio before launching the ZF2.
apikulik

Postby cdsnl on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 am

@ apikulik, thanks

@ Anybody @ Zend, any idea? We have to decide within a couple of times which development tools we are going to use for our new PHP projects. And if this is not possible and there is not timeline for ZF2 official release we have to choose for another framework and EDI.

@Moderator, and please can anybody delete those forum messages about download movies and which movie I have to watch. It looks very very unprofessional. And I get the idea that nobody at Zend takes their products and services seriously. Maybe Zend is dead.

Brdgs
Andre
cdsnl

Postby stackdev on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Ditto OP...

Does Zend have an estimate of how long it's going to take to support zf2?
stackdev

Postby ormium on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:34 am

Hi,

please download the ZendSkeletonApplication from here: https://github.com/zendframework/ZendSk ... pplication

Its the ZF2 skeleton, just open a Standard PHP Project, import the skeleton and the new ZF2 library and you are good to go.
ormium

Postby stackdev on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm

ormium wrote:Hi,

please download the ZendSkeletonApplication from here: https://github.com/zendframework/ZendSk ... pplication

Its the ZF2 skeleton, just open a Standard PHP Project, import the skeleton and the new ZF2 library and you are good to go.

Thanks for this information ormium. However, working with the skeleton app means that new modules need to be created from scratch (i.e. directories structures, config files, etc need to be typed by hand) which is prone to costly mistakes and slows down development.

I personally don't have a problem with doing things from scratch but it's almost impossible to convince your boss to go with zf2 (without ide support) when others like Yii are easier to create and/or do offer IDE integration.

edit: what is up with all of the movie/tv threads in this forum??
stackdev

Postby ormium on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 am

ormium

Postby cdsnl on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you all for your replies.

We will have a look into the Skeleton option. As it indeed will hard to use if not everyhting is organized especially I am not very experienced in Zend framework. So I will get questions like is it my fault fault or did I not correctly created the project.

But does nobody have an idea when is officially supported. I find it strange for a commercial product that there is no time line.

Thanks again
Andre
cdsnl

Postby spyworld on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 am

ZendStudio 10 Beta is available now! And support ZF2!
spyworld

Postby stackdev on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Awesome news!! Stable should be around the corner.

Any quick download link?
stackdev

Next

Return to Zend Studio