Post wait time??

General discussion on PHP

Post wait time??

Postby tyrsson on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:19 am

Can an admin possibly reduce the amount of time the active users here have to wait before they can make another post?? For those of us here that actively post at least on a semi regular basis should not have to wait as long as the board is set to require before making another post. Many of us here are here to answer other users questions, but we do not have all day to do it. Come on folks, if people are here answering questions, well.... We most likely are not going to spam your board.
tyrsson

Re: Post wait time??

Postby malonso on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Could not agree more. This forum is a complete waste of time and I'm finding more and more that the product is a complete waste of money. The last usable version of Zend Studio was 5.5 and things have gone down hill since then. You would think that for a $300/license product, they could at least afford to pay someone to moderate the forums or maybe *gasp* respond to a (paying) user's question.
malonso

Postby vincentasmith on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 am

malonso wrote:Could not agree more. This forum is a complete waste of time and I'm finding more and more that the product is a complete waste of money. The last usable version of Zend Studio was 5.5 and things have gone down hill since then. You would think that for a $300/license product, they could at least afford to pay someone to moderate the forums or maybe *gasp* respond to a (paying) user's question.

That is only your opinion.
vincentasmith

Postby malonso on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

vincentasmith wrote:That is only your opinion.

Clearly. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I am not the only one since I did not create this thread and no one bothered to respond to tyrsson's original post a month ago. I do believe that my opinion is not w/out basis seeing as how:

1) No one from support bothered to respond to this post (/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44178) from 10 months ago.
2) No one from support bothered responding to this post (/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=98368) from 1 month ago.

If you're getting responses to your questions, I would love to know what we are doing wrong.
malonso

Postby tedtiger on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 am

Have you tried to open a support ticket?
tedtiger

Postby malonso on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Sorry for the delay, I completely lost track of this.

To be honest, no I have not created a ticket as my support contract ran out. However, responses took entirely too long when my contract was active and I did open tickets.

I want to point out that both of the threads I mentioned in my previous post have still yet to be answered. rbzend - a member of zend's tech support group - does respond to a post on occasion - not any of mine or anyone having the same problem of not being able to use projects in Zend 9 - but he did answer a post from 3 days ago. So clearly there is some activity but it is not consistent.

I should not have to work this hard to get Zend to respond to a question about a product they built so that I can give them my money.
malonso

Return to PHP