General discussion on PHP

Re: Best CMS for PHP Website

Postby priy6378 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:40 am

Wordpress
Joomla
priy6378

Postby fran263 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

For me Wordpress remains one of the most trusted and easy to use CMS. Its very powerful cms for PHP Websites
fran263

Postby robe340 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 am

In My view WordPress is the best CMS for PHP website. It is easy to maintain.
You can also try Joomla or Drupal
robe340

Postby mela1724 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm

There is a list of CMS that developers can use for PHP website like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3 etc,.
mela1724

Postby newz2878 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 am

jack9632 wrote:I want to know what is the best CMS to use in a PHP develop website? You see i have a website design that is completely layed out... now i want to have a CMS for it... I was thinking of using JOOMLA as a CMS for it... but i dont know how to integrate it to my designed template... and the design of my site is not based on any JOOMLA or WORDPRESS template... i just want to use JOOMLA as my CMS but still retaining the design of my website without using any predesigned website...

When chosing a CMS, it is very important to consider the type of site you are building.

Many people in this thread have advocated for WordPress. WordPress is a good CMS and will excell at handling blogs, eCommerce, and similar, what I would consider simple, websites. I have developed and maintained a large number of WordPress websites and they are great in that they require little technical knowledge to update and maintain. The problem I encounter again and again with WordPress is its performance. Because plugins are so abundant, clients often download many different plugins and install them on their website without any concern as to the overhead. This can quickly cripple a site rendering it virtually useless. Many plugins also conflict with eachother, which can cause serious nightmares. This is something you should consider with any CMS.

When I am building a site, I prefer to look in a different direction. My go to CMS for most projects is Joomla!, and there are many reasons. First, Joomla! is a mostly object-oriented, very different from the spaghetti code of WordPress. Joomla! also utilizes a model–view–controller architecture which helps to logically break apart code into subsets that perform specific tasks. Second, while it is more complex, Joomla!'s back end is better suited to handling more complex applications. Second, Joomla! is more flexible. It can be adapted to support different types of content, allows more flexibility with the use of templates (e.g. asigning a different template to certain parts of your site), has more capabilities for the handling of modules (small chunks of code, like breadrumbs), and has a superior menu system. Third, Joomla! has a user permissions system. Do you need a set of users that are 'Members' to your website and do they need access to certain things the public can't? Joomla! can do this out of the box, with WordPress you will end up using plugins like Wishlist Member. Fourth, Joomla! is more secure. I cannot tell you how many WordPress sites I have had hacked, mostly because clients (who are not paying me to manage their sites) have failed to update plugins. I have never had a Joomla! site hacked.

The bottom line. If you are not an experienced programmer who wants to build and maintain a simple website like a blog, WordPress should be your choice. If you are building anything more complex than a simple blog, or you are a developer yourself, I would highly encourage you to look at Joomla!. Joomla! will have a bigger learning curve, but in the end you will end up with a better, more flexible product.
newz2878

Postby davi6230 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:42 pm

You don't need to think anymore. Just go for WordPress.
davi6230

Postby priy8296 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 am

This may be off topic question, but please help me to find out solution. I have website edumosam in an Education & Recruitment website. I need to install few plugins to complete development of website but when i try to install those plugins, It show PHP Version Error. You can check below images for better understand. Suggest way to solve this error any run my website smoothly. I am using Digital Ocean cloud server, WordPress 4.8, PHP 7.1.6..!
priy8296

Postby lapt2876 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:00 am

Maybe you can go with Joomla... One of our websites uses Joomla as the CMS
lapt2876

Postby andr6693 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:12 am

My vote for Wordpress and joomla which are the best CMS for PHP website.
andr6693

Postby kiri7730 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm

WordPress is by far the most popular CMS for website design since 30% of all the websites on the internet are powered the CMS. There are other great content management systems, including Magento and Drupal, but they have steeper learning curves, some aren't 100% free and actually can cost quite a lot, and in most cases, they are an overkill for most web development needs. In my experience, if you need to ask this question, go with WordPress.
kiri7730

PreviousNext

Return to PHP