Skills needed for a Sr. Project Manager - PHP?

General discussion on PHP
jay3953

Skills needed for a Sr. Project Manager - PHP?

Post by jay3953 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

I have been looking for Sr. Project Manager - PHP only and we are looking for someone that is still doing hands-on development. We are receiving applications from PM's that haven't been coding for the last 5-10 years now, but still claim to be familiar with PHP.

What am I doing wrong?

The position description is in italics:

PHP Development – Sr. Engineering Manager

Our eCommerce team is looking to hire an experienced Sr. Engineering Manager – PHP to be based in Kolkata.
The Sr. Engineering Manager owns one or more components of the development of our in-house ERP application and spends over 85% of time on software development, either as an individual contributor or with a small team of 2 PHP Engineers.
The role requires:
• Very high PHP development expertise (a minimum of 12 years)
• Strong exposure to object oriented programming (OOP) and the MVC framework (Zend desirable but not mandatory)
• Strong experience in developing on server architecture and continuous integration/improvement
• A strong business focus and the ability to deliver for and exceed business expectations
• High knowledge of designing, architecting and developing new features and applications to enable speedier transactions
• The aptitude to create scope documents and standard operating procedures and regularly update/maintain them
• The inclination to continuously optimize every aspect of the development cycle/environment
• Familiar with testing methodologies prior to releasing code.

To apply for this role, you need:
 12+ years of only PHP development (mandatory)
 Strong business acumen
 To demonstrate a passion for the LAMP stack
 Clear a skill based test to allow us to gauge your PHP development skills
Please email us on ‘careers(at)123stores [dot] com’ with an updated copy of your CV and your current / expected compensation.

mark397

Re: Skills needed for a Sr. Project Manager - PHP?

Post by mark397 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 pm

PM's generally don't write as much code, that's why they're managers. They "manage" other developers. 12 years is also a lot of experience to require for a position. If you want to hire someone who's still writing code you'll probably have to settle for less experience. I'm far from that experience level, and not by any means in HR or a management position, but consider this Google search for the equation:

Code: Select all

I'm imagining skill levels being similar to the graph if you know what I mean. Besides that, knowledge of PHP syntax more than 10 years ago isn't even relevant. Programming is definitely a field where the portfolio should outweigh the resume.

AdilahBisar

Re: Skills needed for a Sr. Project Manager - PHP?

Post by AdilahBisar » Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 am

The project manager is that person who responsible for sending the projects and look after all the projects of the company. The person leads and runs the project team of the company, with right and responsibility from the project board. Well, if anybody wants to apply for this post and want to hire one of the best CV Writing Services to order perfect cv then you can contact me.