Will PHP Websites are being vunerable these days ??

General discussion on PHP
laks4508

Will PHP Websites are being vunerable these days ??

Post by laks4508 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:52 pm

heard that PHP websites are getting hacked recently one of the mothers day 2017 niche. So Will PHP Websites are being vunerable these days ?? Should we shift to wordpress ?

zvika
Zend Global Support

Re: Will PHP Websites are being vunerable these days ??

Post by zvika » Thu May 04, 2017 7:35 am

Wordpress is a PHP application - of course you can shift to it if it matches your publishing tasks.
a Hacker can try to hack based on skills, but it really depends on the sysadmin tools, or the infrastructure setup, being "smart" enough to identify, block or amend hacking attempts.
Security is considered and acted upon more than before, even though we had few "spikes" in the past with raised interest.
I personally don't think PHP websites are more vulnerable than before, since there is a lot of security and order in PHP frameworks which are more common than framework-free PHP applications / websites.
Hope this gives you enough information for your concerns.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team

kati8789

Post by kati8789 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm

I think you can move your website to PHP. I run an online business website I switched it to Wordpress from PHP. Everything is fine with it.

andr8558

Post by andr8558 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Its not only about the language of the website. I would say its about the server security. Double check all the security measures and make sure there are no vulnerabilities. In most of the cases when you have a shared hosting you are taken care by the host master but if you are managing a dedi server yourself you could be at risk