Can I use PHP for responsive website design?

General discussion on PHP
juratovic

Can I use PHP for responsive website design?

Post by juratovic » Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello Everyone,
I own the following website: <<Link deleted to his web design company>>

I am wanting to know if I can use responsive web design within my current framework? My site is built on Joomla/PHP.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on integrating php with responsive web design, specifically html 5?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete

kentatzend

Re: Can I use PHP for responsive website design?

Post by kentatzend » Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I deleted the link here ... This looks like very thinly disguised spam. Frankly, if you are going to position yourself as a web design company and you're asking questions like this on a public forum I'd be surprised if anyone wanted to use your web design services.

jplus2

Post by jplus2 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 am

Responsive web design is more on improving the user experience by making the interface of site
more "Responsive" depending on the user's actions, i.e. identify the appropriate styling of the page depending on the client
viewing the page (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc...)

I think you should research on client side technologies such javascript and famous javascript frameworks (Jquery, Dojo, etc..) as
responsive web design is more likely on client side stuff.

research on stuff like html5boilerplate, modernizr and jquery as this will help a lot

jplus2

Post by jplus2 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:22 am

@selinagome

Yeah you basically have a point

Responsive web design is a very broad topic
What I am pointing out here is just a subset of it that I think juratovic is concern with

Please do share your thoughts selinagome.............................:)

tare6875

Post by tare6875 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 pm

PHP is a web programing language to design an website. Vigorously Using PHP, you can build a responsive design for your site. :)

tare6875

Post by tare6875 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

If you feel that you need help of others, we're here to help. Just go to our site and then email us. It will be our pleasure, if we can help you with PHP. :)

mark397

Post by mark397 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:33 pm

The short answer here is no, you can't use PHP to make the site responsive. You can use PHP to make the site dynamic, where content will change based on data stored on the server. You can use JavaScript or CSS to make your site responsive, meaning that the display will change based on screen size to make your site look nice regardless of screen size. There are some really nice libraries to help with this, see Bootstrap and html5boilerplate. They're both good at building interfaces quickly, but can be difficult to customize until you're familiar with them. I personally prefer to code things by hand. If you do it yourself you can use JavaScript/JQuery to dynamically resize elements, or you can use @media inside of your CSS definitions. Define your standard CSS rules first, then add definitions to override inside of this block of code:

Code: Select all

@media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { /* CSS rules for mobile here */ }

osha7105

Post by osha7105 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 am

I am using a self storage website design that has been developed using PHP. The websites is responsive in nature that helps in optimize website usage.

josi955

Post by josi955 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:26 pm

-> Now if we view the first one (the responsive one) with various devices and then the unresponsive fixed one
with those devices again,

-> you will notice that the responsive one have gone through some changes and is
being rendered in such a way that the content along with the other UI components can be viewed without
hassles.

-> But the fixed/unresponsive web page fails to deliver such an experience. We have used Opera
Mobile Emulator, which is an excellent tool to test your design across devices of different screen size.

milt6185

Post by milt6185 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:45 am

Want to create responsive business website I can do it for you. I have experience with making websites I've also created Mobile Website and I made website from practicing use only. If you are interested in me making a website for your business expansion. I can create.

For more information-mobilesitemachine..net