Meta Tags

General discussion on PHP

Re: Meta Tags

Postby philcampbell on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:33 am

Metatags are very important in posting articles, videos and even questions in the web. Please be very careful in using them.
<a rel="dofollow" href="http://forrestfence.com">fence builder</a>
philcampbell

Postby natedigby21 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:26 am

If the meta tags you are trying to put in your site is for SEO purposes, you don't have to do that! Major Search Engine crawlers have already disregarded spydering the meta tags. This is because site owners can put and stuff same keywords over and over again.

You can read the article in:
Meta Keywords Tag 101 from SearchEngineLand

Just Google it. It's of no use for SEO anymore.

Nate
Nate Digby
www.creditcard.net.ph
natedigby21

Postby erickaplan on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Gotta agree on the last statement.
I really wouldnt say that meta tags are any furthest interest for seo.
You would make a wiser choise to carefully choose your keywords and title balise.
Just my 2ct.
http://www.la-rencontre.info/site/musulman.html
erickaplan

Postby drterry on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm

does anyone know if there is a wordpress plugin that enhances your seo by the use of metatags?
<a href="http://www.loweryourinsulin.com">lower your blood sugar,reverse insulin resistance,lower your insulin</a>
drterry

Postby dosplumas on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 am

If all you want is the description and keywords, you'll be fine with these suggestions. But if you want to go a little farther and add more information for SEO and the search engines, you might also include the last two lines:

<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="Description of your site people would search for">
<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="every keyword you can think of that people might search for to find your site">
<META NAME="OWNER" CONTENT="Your name">
<META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="Again, your name">

The last two lines of code give you the opportunity to have people find you later by including your name and even your company name, if you choose. if they are impressed with your coding, you can get more clients. Adding your name is an extra touch that most programmers don't think about.

Hope that helps.
dosplumas

Postby neojunior on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:34 am

There are several meta tags, but I think you are talking about the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag.
The meta description tag is important because most search engines, such as Google and Yahoo, usually use its content as the spinet below the site title in the SERPs (search engine result pages).
Regarding the meta keywords tag, it is not that important these days. Currently most search engines give little or no value to the meta keywords - rather, the most important thing for on-page optimization are the keywords used inside the content, the headings, the links and the alt tags.
neojunior

Postby movietei on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:50 pm

try to use sitemap software.. google will be able to read the post.. also be aware of the robot.txt
Regards,
movietei

Postby movietei on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am

why dont u use the same meta tag format for blog? i guest it works the same

thanks
Regards,
movietei

Postby michaelj80 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 am

I am a new member and find this information very interesting. It appears as if the members are very helpful and the forum is well organized. I am going to shut up and read. Thanks for all the help!
Michael J Hunter
http://www.DisciplineToddlers.com
michaelj80

Postby nairformen on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 am

drterry wrote:does anyone know if there is a wordpress plugin that enhances your seo by the use of metatags?

Yes their is, it's called All In One SEO Pack, do a search for it in plugins and it should be the 1st or 2nd result.
nairformen

PreviousNext

Return to PHP